Aankahi. ✔ (1)

The night had become her solace after the death of her parents.
In the darkness, when the sleep would be miles away from her, she used to stare at the opaque ceiling of her room, remembering all the glorious moments which she spent with her parents.

Her pillows used to sock up with her tears, after heavy crying, when her bloodshot eyes used to get heavy, eventually then she drifts off in a dreamless slumber.

For Zara, it had become a routine, hiding her suffering had become a norm for her. Her muffled sobs only existed in her room, her whimpering was only heard by the lifeless elements in her space.

She was ten when her parents died in a car crash, and for that ten-year-old, it was a massive hit, it felt like a huge tornado that gulped away every precious thing she ever had.

Her father's elder brother took her in immediately, her Bari Ammi tried to mend her shattered little heart by bestowing unconditional love, everyone in that house tried their best to provide her comfort and love, but nothing in this world can fill the void which your dead parents left in your heart and it was the same for Zara.

She accepted all the devotion which she was getting, but her heart never for a second forgot about those humans which she used to call her world.

She groaned loudly after hearing the loud sound of her alarm, turning it off, she pulled the comforter over her face and again dozed off.

She was so deep in her sleep that she couldn't even hear the knocking on her door.

"Zara jaan, it's seven in the morning, get up you have a class at nine." Fariya tried to push the comforter away from her face but the stubborn girl held it tightly.

"Bari Ammi, five more minutes." Under the comforter, her muffled voice was heard.

Fariya shook her head and sat beside her.

Right then, Affan entered her room with a bucket of water in his hand, he signaled his mother to keep quiet by placing a finger over his mouth.

His mother's eyes bulged out and as she she opened her mouth to say, "Affan no," he emptied the entire bucket over his sleepy cousin.

Pushing the duvet away, she gasped loudly and wildly yelled Affan's name.

She picked up the bucket and ran outside in the direction where Affan was running while laughing hysterically.

Her half body was completely drenched, they were running in circles when the loud voice stopped them.

"What's happening here?" Affan's father looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Taya Abba, Affan emptied this bucket which was full of water on me when I was sleeping." In one go, she complained about her cousin's actions to her uncle.

Affan's eyes grew large and he gulped loudly, he looked at his father who was harshly glaring at him while waiting for his response.

"She painted my nails when I was asleep, I just took my revenge." Affan blinked and justified himself.

"I painted your toes because you put salt in my water the other day."

"I did that because you stole my car's keys that day." He argued back.

"I stole them because you-."

"Enough!" His father's voice boomed in the living room.

"You both are in your twenties but both act like the third graders, try to act maturely, Zara go to your room, and Affan you are coming with me." Saying this he pivoted on his toes.