(8)

With a jerk, she woke up. Upon realizing that it was a dream, she carefully sits up and leaned against the headboard.

She looked beside her, her husband sleeping peacefully, he was snoring lightly, she scoffed remembering how he denied he doesn't snore.
Daneen's mind again diverted towards the dream which she saw moments ago.
Not having control over her emotion, her lips trembled and her eyes got misty.
She needed her husband to hug her tightly right now, so, she slowly patted his arm to wake him up.

Only she knew how difficult is to wake Murtaza when he is in a deep sleep.

"Murtaza." She whispered in his ear.

"Hmm," he hummed, his hold got tighten on his waist.

"S-something happened, Murtaza." As soon as those words left her mouth, Murtaza's eyes shot opened and he instantly sat beside her.

"Please, don't tell me you're pregnant again, Rouhan is only a year old, he is too young for a sibling right now, and more importantly you told me we would wait for three years after Rouhan." Though he was just kidding, he loved the idea of having more kids with her but his wife had agreed on having only two.

She slapped his chest and narrowed her eyes.

"I'm not pregnant, stupid." She gritted her teeth.

Murtaza grunted beside her.

"That's it, how many time I'm going to tell you to not call me stupid."

She scoffed, "apki harktein hi asi hain, ma kia kar sakti hun."

Murtaza stared at her hard, it was the topic they fight over, however, no one outside their bedroom knew it.
Daneen loved to agitate her husband, in her words, she made her husband's boring life enchanting with her presence.

"Acha, sorry naraz na hon, I have something to tell you."

He knew something was important, he saw her brown eyes getting wet with tears.

"Baba came in my dream today," Just saying this made her so emotional that her tears escaped her eyes and landed on her cheeks.

He held her soft hand, caressing with his thumb. It encouraged her to continue.

"He was happy for me, I hugged him, he said he was proud of me for making the right decision." She sobbed harshly.

Murtaza held her against his chest.

After some time, when she calmed down, she spoke again.

"I'm ashamed of myself, I'm ashamed how I didn't trust you, I'm ashamed that I wanted to end this relationship,
I'm sorry Murtaza."

He buried his face in her hair, "Shhh, it's not your fault, it's mine, I was the jerk who scared you."

She sniffled against his chest. "Don't ever leave me, if I ever ask you to leave me, please don't ever give up on me please, I may be stubborn but I can't live without you."

Murtaza kissed her temple and smiled.

"You are my home Janan, everything is meaningless without you, and never in my existence, I will leave your hand, I would die before doing that." He kissed her forehead and rubbed her back.
His eyes diverted to the cot where their baby boy was looking at them with wide eyes.

He chuckled lightly, "Our kid loves to see his parents hugging each other." Daneen detached herself from him and looked towards Rouhan.

"My baby boy is wake, I'm so sorry Mumma is very bad, she didn't even see her baby waking up." Daneen talked in a baby voice and held Rouhan from the baby cot.

"And in the moment of seconds, you already forgot your husband whom you were confessing your deep love."

"Don't get jealous from your kid."

He shook his head, a genuine smile etched on his lip, seeing his baby and wife giggling.

It had been two years since that incident, Daneen fell deeply in love with him.

Murtaza showed his love to her in every way. Every month, he gives her a special gift, they were just a small token of his love.
Every night Daneen would hug him and tell him how much she loves him.

**********

Murtaza was trimming his home plants on the lawn when he felt someone else's presence behind him.

He knew it was Daneen without even turning.

He stood up and turned to see
Daneen standing with a glass of lemonade in her hands.

"I asked for the tea." A scowl marred on his forehead.

"Seriously, Murtaza, it's forty-degree today, lemonade will make you fresh that's why I made it for you." She blinked her eyes innocently.

"Seedha seedha kaho kay tum ko meri pasand ki chai banani nai ati." Murtaza scoffed and took the chilled glass from her hands.

"Itnay to nakhray hain apkay, kabi doodh ziada toh kabhi pati kum."

He placed his arm around her neck to make her closer to him.

"Sab janta hun, jan bujh kar tum chai kharab karti ho."
He knew his wife who loved messing his tea which was his second true love after her.

"Aur abi chai is liya nai lai kiuke tumhara dil nahi kar raha tha banany ka."

Daneen detached herself from him.

"Kabhi kabhi aisa chalta ha."
The humor filled in her eyes.

He rolled his eyes.
"Anyways, where's Rouhan, I have to take him for fittings."

Yashfa's engagement got settled with her father's friend's son and after two days the function was held.

He wanted to match his clothes with his son.

"Rouhan is with his bare Dada and Yashfa."

Murtaza nodded at her.

"You're going to wear the dress which I gifted you right?" He asked her while taking a sip of his lemonade.

"Uhh-I was thinking of wearing that pink dress"

"Nah-uh, you're not going to wear that, I will be the only one to see you in that dress."

He came forward and pushed the stubborn strands behind her ears.

"Okay," she smiled devilishly.

He knew she would deny him by wearing the pink dress, he played his game because he didn't want anyone seeing her wife in the black dress which he gifted her.

Only he knew how glorious she looks in a black dress.

He chuckled lightly, he knew she was caught on his game.

And she calls him stupid!

Everyday Daneen Thanked her Lord for giving a man like Murtaza to her, she thanks her Lord for making Murtaza patient for her.

They both were each other's breath and were powerless with one gone.

It was their love story.

Murtaza and Daneen Qureshi.

The End.

Hey guys! This chapter was in my draft for two days, I still am not satisfied with this chapter I don't know why.
The second short story also comes to end. Tell me your thoughts about it.
Which scene was your favorite? Which story you like better Ishq or Myoosi.
I'm a crappy writer but the love I gain from all of you just made my day.
Thank you so much for your love.
Vote and comment
Allah Hafiz.