(6)

۔

Her vision was hazy when she saw two paramedics asking her questions. The pain in her body and head was so brutal that she nodded only once.

She felt somebody with ragged hands bandaging her forehead and arms. Feeling like somebody had placed heavy bricks on her eyes and no matter how hard she tried, her eyes refused to open.

Despite the cold temperature, her body was warm and calm. No other sound reached her ears except for the beeping of the heart monitor.
It took her back to that time when she held her father's warm hand, the heart monitor showed his decreasing whiffs.
Smiling, he looked at her for the last time and whispered to her sobbing daughter, "most prized possessions are kept in the heart, we are just separating by soul if you keep us in your heart then we will never get segregated, don't forget to pray for us it's the only thing we want from you."

The little droplet of tear left from her closed eyes, she tried again to open her heavy eyes but still to no avail. Her father's last sentence prowled in her head again and again. Her father's faded voice encouraged her to try again to open her gazes but after many attempts, she again fell into an unconscious.

The atmosphere was still warm and cozy when Adhan's voice hit her ears. Muttering a little prayer in her heart she again tried to open her eyes.

The sharp glare of the light bulb watered her eyes, blinking rapidly she tried again but this time it was a slow attempt.
The hospital room was illuminated by dim lights indicating that it's the end of the day.

To her left was a brown leather sofa and a person was sleeping soundly in it.
Squinting her eyes to clear her vision, she saw that the person was none other than her Bari Ammi.

Her tongue and throat were parched and after trouble, she called out Fariya in her raspy voice.

In a flash, Fariya opened her eyes and stood beside her, helping her sit upright with a soft pillow that supported her back. Zara gulped the chilled water hastily which was handed her by her Bari Ammi, it felt like her throat was dehydrated for many years and there was no access to water that could soothe her aching throat.

Coughing slightly, she wiped her damp lips with the back of her mouth.

"For how many hours I was unconscious?" Talking felt much better after drinking the water.

Pushing her silky hair behind her ear, Fariya looked at her lovingly with mist-gathered eyes.

"You were unconscious for five hours."
Heaving a large tired breath, Fariya bend down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

She blinked, her gaze then fell on her banged arm, it didn't look terrible, maybe some cuts and scratches adorned her arm now.
The left arm was attached by an IV drip which was working its task properly.

She got flashbacks of the accident, the tiny little scenes, the car getting out of control, them hitting the massive tree, the shattering of the windshield, the large piece of glass cutting her arm, and one body covering her.

Affan.

Affan was with her.

Her gaze clashed with Affan's mother.
She dreaded to ask that question and with a lot of courage, she finally did.

"Where's Affan? he was with me." A lump stopped her from talking more, the fresh tears fell on her flushed cheeks without her permission.

"Calm down, He's here, he's fine, he gained consciousness before you and came to check on you, nothing serious happened to you both, Alhumdulliah."