(5)

Flashback:

She was over the moon on that specific day, shafaq's eyes held the special glint in them, and a wide smile etched on her beautiful face.

Her happiness was justified as she finds out that she was going to be a mother!

She shed some tears of happiness after seeing the positive pregnancy kit in her hand.

Shafaq couldn't wait for Azaan to return home so, she could share this overwhelming news with him.
She knew how Azaan always wanted to have kids, she used to see him playing with his cousin's children with a loving smile on his face.

Shafaq wanted to give him his child, and finally, her prayers were heard by Allah.

That day Azaan's paternal uncle and his wife came to visit them, shafaq had known that they both didn't count shafaq in their good books but still she tried to win them over.

She was passing from the kitchen to go towards her mother-in-law's room to give her the good news when she heard some voices which made her rooted on her spot.

"That bastard Azaan is attaining the success rapidly, and no one now asks for my opinion in anything!" Azaan's uncle's voice was heard clearly.

"Stop speaking loudly, someone will hear us." The aunt hissed at her husband.

"I don't give a damn about anyone, our one plane has already failed what do you want me to do, go bankrupt."

The women heaved a large breath.

"I thought making that women paralyze and giving her wrong tablets would divert Azaan's attention and he wouldn't be able to handle the company but our whole plan backfired when he married that middle-class girl, so don't blame me for anything as you were equally involved in every planning."
Shafaq couldn't believe on her ears that they were the same uncle and aunt who shows so much affection to Azzan.

Shafaq peeked from the corner on the door, Azaan's uncle was rubbing his forehead in anticipation.

"I didn't ask you to come here for this, we have a bigger issue now, that girl might be pregnant, I saw her leaving the bathroom with a pregnancy kit in her hand and she looked happy."

"So, what should I do to congratulate my nephew on growing his family."

"Idiot, understand the situation, if she gives birth then your every chance on gaining the company will vanish into thin air."

A gasp escaped from that vulturous man's mouth.

"Now listen to me carefully, I'm going to buy some pills from which we can abort her baby without her knowing, you stay here and make sure that she doesn't tell about her pregnancy to Azaan, I'll be quick."
Shafaq hid under the near stairs as they both were leaving the kitchen.

She stayed rooted on the spot and was processing everything in her mind, her throat felt dry like Sahara desert, tears welled up in her eyes and unintentionally her hands went towards her stomach where her baby was growing, a lone tear slipped from her eyes, shafaq made up her mind - she wouldn't let anyone hurt her baby.

The night she with her mother left the city, Azzan's stupid uncle was so much indulged in the cricket match that he didn't saw Shafaq leaving.