one shot. (1)

Zaigham Rehman and Seerat Zafar.

Her husband was late, Again.

Seerat heaved a sigh of disappointment. The pitiful looks of the waiters made her more infuriated on her husband than she already was.

He promised her that this time no matter how much important the client was or how crucial the meeting turned up, he won't stood her up.
It had become two straight dates, where he had told her these meaningless lies.
Realization dawned on her that, yet again she was stood up on the date by her husband.

Taking out a thousand note from her purse, she placed it on the table and left the restaurant with a tight smile plastered on her lips.

They need to have a serious discussion. She thought while the driver drove her to their house calmly.

She unclipped her hair and let them fall on her shoulders. It took her more than an hour to make a perfect french bun just for her husband who didn't even get a chance to see it.

Anger and bitterness bubbled inside her, gritting her teeth, she entered her room.

Closing the door with a soft thud, she massaged her temples to relax her beating heart, she wanted nothing more than to scream and lash out at her husband until his ears bleed.

If she had a slight idea that the man she was going be marrying was already married to his work, and was a workaholic—a boring person whose mind half of the time occupies in his business deals, then She would've considered saying no to his proposal.

Seerat was chosen by his mother. She worked with his mother as a social worker. Seerat had the idea that his mother liked her a little more than her other employees but she didn't have any clue that the woman would come to her house asking for her hand for his boring son.

And obviously, her typical desi parents couldn't deny the 'perfect proposal' that came for her.

Seerat didn't have any objections knowing the woman—Anisa Rehman—Zaigham's mother was a well educated, well mannered, and full of life lady, Seerat expected her son just like her.

Wrong!

The son turned out to be a boring workaholic, whose day starts with typing several emails and ends at proofreading all the tedious files.
In six months of their marriage, he still couldn't balance his professional and personal life.

One thing that Seerat liked in Zaigham was that he was calm as the sea. He didn't have any temperamental issues, he would listen to her calmly whenever she reached out to him to have a conversation. She hated that whenever she lost her calm and threw a tantrum Zaigham always held her hands, gives her a glass of water, and gently asks her about the matter.

The man never loses his calm whereas she can't hold her anger inside her.

He was an expressive person, in those six months, he told her countless times that despite never believing in love. She had made him fall deeply in love with her. He also told her numerous times that she was the best thing of his life.
Yet, this best thing always get-sided because of his work.