(3)

He looked at his wife - carrying a small baby in her arms, he stood motionless at the entrance of the room.

Azaan felt like he was drowning in cold water, all the oxygen is sucking out of him, he's waving his hands for help but there is not a single soul to aid him, to save him from dying.

"What are you doing here?" Shafaq's hands on the baby's back tightened and she stood with her chin up.

Azaan gulped and clenched and unclenched his fists.

"W-why are you holding a baby, Kis ka B-bacha ha ye?" He stuttered and again eyed the baby's back.

(Whose baby is this?)

No one spoke for a whole minute, her silence was making him desperate for answers.

She looked straight into his bloodshot eyes. "Mera Bacha ha yeh."

(This is my baby)

Right then, he thought he died.

Azaan's eyes couldn't get any bigger, his face was getting red as anger started to replace his gloom.

"Shafaq, ye mazak ka waqt nahi hai."
He glared at her and took a step forward.

(Shafaq, it's not the time to joke)

"Kis ne kaha ha ke ma Mazak kar rahi hon?" She gritted her teeth and held the child close to her chest.

(Who told you that I'm joking?)

He couldn't control himself, he took large steps to reach her.

Only two steps of a distance left between them when the baby started to wail loudly.

Shafaq diverted her eyes towards Alyan, who was crying with close eyes - asking for milk from his mother.

Shafaq cradles him in her lap, that's when Azaan saw the baby's face which held the same resemblance as him when he was younger.

She forgot that Azaan was still in the same room and started to make Alyan's milk bottle while placing him on the center of the bed.

Alyan opened his eyes, whining softly, he turned his face where his father was standing motionless looking at him.

Alyan smiled at him wiggling his hands, but upon remembering he was hungry he again started to wail loudly.

With trembling hands and red-rimmed eyes, he came forward to bed.
Azaan carefully held the crying baby in his arms.

Alyan opened his big grey eyes - same as his father, and blinked at him.

A light chuckle escaped from Azaan's chest upon seeing Alyan blabbering gibberish.

His eyes welled up with tears looking at Alyan's face.

"Azaan." She whispered from behind him.

Azaan turned around and snatched the milk bottle from her hand.

"I will feed my son." He sat at the end of the bed and cradled Alyan on his lap, Alyan instantly started to suck on the feeder's nipple.

"Apko kis ney kaha ha ke ye apka beta ha?"

(Who told you that this is your child?)

He growled loudly.
"Kisi key kehnay ya na kehnay sa haqiqat badal nahi jaye gi. Muja
bhatkana band karo!"

(The reality won't change by someone's saying, stop trying to mislead me)

He glared at her with a clenched jaw.