MAYOOSI. ✔ (1)

Manizeh Abbasi, a girl full of life, her heart filled with love for anything and anyone. The girl stood out in millions of people because of her magnificent smile and glorious nature.

The once girl full of energy was now sitting on a wheelchair, her once healthy and long legs became fragile.
The shiny eyes were dull and hollow and that smile was lost somewhere.

"Manizeh, please eat something." Mustafa's voice startled her, she whirled to see her older brother's eyes full of concern for her.

He came towards her and sat on the chair beside her on the lawn. The slow evening breeze playing with her hair made her lean back in the chair.

"I'm not hungry." She said in a low voice and turned her attention back on gazing at the clear sky.

"You said the same on breakfast."

She closed her eyes and opened them, with a sigh she again looked at her brother with a pained smile.

"Stop worrying about me. I'm fine."

"No you are not, Manizeh, it had been a month since your accident happened and yet, you're not attending your therapy sessions, not eating your medicines properly, skipping your meals, you tell me you are this fine?"
Mustafa's jaw was clenched tightly. He couldn't bear the pain from which his little sister was suffering.

"Mannu, we are all very worried about you, you were not like this, why are you punishing yourself." Her brother instantly becomes soft and unshed tears formed in his eyes which he was trying to control.

Manizeh's heart clenched after seeing Mustafa's worry. She held his hand tightly and for the first time in the whole last month, she cried, she cried for her herself, she cried for giving everyone worry and she cried upon her broken engagement.

Her engagement of two years was broken after her accident. Ibaad her fiance, didn't want a disabled wife. He straightforward rejected her when she was still in the hospital. His parents supported him as being the voracious people they were.

But her father, Awais Abbasi straightly told them that he is very glad that he didn't have to give his daughter to the greedy vultures like them, as they showed their true face.
Awais proudly told them that he is not low to give his daughter to a man who's a coward and would leave her in her tough time. He promised that his daughter would marry a dignified man who won't be scardy-cat like Ibaad.

"Shh, everything will be alright Mannu, the doctors said that there is still hope for you, you will be able to stand on your feet again, Inshallah and you don't need a man who doesn't know your worth."

After her breakdown, she looked at his brother and smiled lightly.

*****

She was reading a book when the door of her room was opened and there stood her best friend with an unleveled breath.

"Have you run the marathon? why are you panting like this?" She asked her
with curious eyes.

With flushed cheeks, Afaf laid beside her, hands sprawled on the bed.

"Your brother was down in the hall, I ran fast to escape from him."

She chuckled at her friend's childish act.

"Afaf, he's your fiance, not some kind of beast from which you have to hide."

"Shut up." Afaf scowled. Manizeh leaned against the bedrest.

"Is someone coming? Aunty was going to tell me but then I saw Mustafa, I ran towards your room."

Manizeh shook her head and replied, "Our old neighbors came back from London and Amma invited them over."

"You mean to say Ghazi family is back!" Afaf shrieked after hearing Manizeh's replay.

Manizeh took off her reading glasses and placed them on the nightstand presenting her poker face to her friend.

"So, what's the big deal about it?"

"Manizeh! Have you forgotten Jasim Ghazi? the one you used to fight with even though he was Mustafa's best friend, you disliked him very much."

Mustafa and Manizeh's neighbors were Afaf, and Jasim and the four of them were childhood friends
except for Jasim and Manizeh.

Jasim was of Mustafa's age and Afaf was the same age as her. The boys were five years older than the girls which gave them the upper hand over the poor girls.
However, Mustafa was always protective of his little sister.

At the age of fifteen, Jasim left Pakistan,  his parents got a promotion in London. The Ghazis were well-educated and the most thoughtful people she ever met.
Mr. and Mrs. Ghazi were both doctors and she was dead sure that Jasim would follow in their footsteps.

He did become a doctor. She was right!

She was going to see him after fifteen years and to be honest, she was excited about their encounter.