Gym announcement

Kaede dusted herself off and sighed helping shuichi out of the manhole "it sucks that led nowhere" she huffed "y-yeah... i was hoping to get out of here as soon as possible" shuichi scratched the back of his neck and slouched in disappointment "well i for one will say it now, i told you so!" Kokichi laughed From the bottom of the hole as he tried and failed to get out by himself "help me detective!" "Coming coming" shuichi chukled softly and put out his hand for the smaller boy to take. Kokichi smiled and took the taller boy's hand gladly.

"Holding hands are we? How scandalous sai-chan" kokichi used his spare hand and held it up to mouth in dramatic effect and giggled. "W-wh-no! I-" shuichi quickly let go of the liars hand and blushed attempting to speak "you guys sure are friendly" kaede chukled
"i-" "stop talking ladies and help a girl up!" Miu yelled from down the hole "shut up Iruma!" Kokichi yelled back sticking his tongue out at miu "be nice ouma, ill help you Iruma-san!"kaede smiled and held out her hand for miu to take "thanks piano girl" the inventor grinned dusting her skirt off  "no problem! Cmon guys help me get everyone out" kaede called out getting kokichi and Shuichi's attention "r-right sorry" shuichi nodded " no way! Look at my small as arms! I cant pull anyone up!"

"Shut up and help you purple shit" miu rolled her eyes

_________________________________________________________________________

It was midday , Everyone was bummed and tired from the whole manhole situation so everyone went their separate ways. Kokichi said he had something to do. No one asked so shuichi didnt either.

Anyway. Now shuichi was in his room, free to let his mind roam. He hated his mind. It was so crowded.

KNOCK KNOCK

Thank god

Shuichi sighed and walked to the door "heya saihara-kun! Monokuma and the monokubs called us to the gym, i thought we could walk together!" Kaede apeared with a bright smile and looked up at shuichi "sure" is all shuichi replied with a soft smile as he shut the door to his room and pulled down his hat

Conversations- ugh

The detective internally prepared himself for the interaction "so! Anyone here catch your eye?" Kaede beamed looking at shuichi in interest as they walked side by side "i saw you and ouma-kun being pretty friendly earlier, whats with that?" The blonde tilted her head, smile never faltering. "Ah...I'm not quite sure. We had a conversation, h-he seems quite Interesting" shuichi quietly said "mhm! He does! Though he called this situation...'fun' " kaede nervously giggled "yes that was... questionable" shuichi recalled. Ouma was quite the interesting character. He and shuichi got along pretty well but ouma says things sometimes that shuichi dosent always agree with.

The detective -being exactly that- found himself longing to understand the complex boy he met just a day ago. "What about you akamatsu-san, w-what do you think of ouma-kun" shuichi mumbled playing with the black chipped nail polish on his nails "amami-kun has a lot of nail polish colours if you wanna get that repainted" kaede smiled pointing at the boys hands "a-ah... maybe later" the bluenette smiled softly in return "And to answer your question, I'm not too sure, i havent talked to him too much but he seems very cunning- oh we're here" kaede stopped talking as both kids approached the gym doors

"Nishishi! Saihara-chan and akamatsu-san? Could it be? Are they inlooooveee~?"

Speak of the devil and he shall come. The purple haired boy popped out of seemingly nowhere putting his hands on shuichi's shoulders and using the detective to rise himself up, jumping and almost causing the taller boy to fall "o-ouma-kun! I could've fallen be careful" shuichi regained his balance and glared at the boy "nishishi~ are you avoiding the question mr. detective?" Kokichi teased. Shuichi tensed up, his face burning "n-no! Akamatsu-san and i are just friends!" "Yes! Just friends" kaede reassured with a hint of pink on her cheeks .
Kokichi smiled. But shuichi saw a tinge of disappointment in the boys eyes
"Boooringgg! Boring boring boring! I'm going inside, see ya losers" the purplelette stuck his tongue out at the pair and placed his hands behind his head humming a random tune as he kicked the gym doors open.

Why? We answered his question didnt we? Why does he seem disappointed?

"Shall we g-go in saihara-kun?" Kaede broke the silence with an awkward smile "ah, y-yea" shuichi retuned the same smiled stepping forward and pushing the door. The air in the gym was heavy, the same heavyness shuichi felt when the game was first introduced.

What does monokuma want now?