001

Blaire Knight

I arrived at the manor after a long mission my father sent me on. I'm the youngest of four, the oldest is my brother Sebastian who's 24 then there's my brother Alex 22, my sister Zoella 20, and then there's me Blaire 18. My mother had us all two years apart.

I walked through the front doors and headed straight to my fathers office. As I approached the door I could hear him talking to a few people, I didn't recognize any of the voices which I found a little strange.

I knocked on the door and everyone fell silent. "Come in" my fathers voice roared through the door. I opened the door to find myself standing in front of four men.

"Ah Blaire, how did the mission go?" I didn't answer his question because who the hell would talk about a mission in front of four men they don't know? "If you would like to know then find me later when these people are gone." He gave a little nod and I left the room.

I make my way to my room which is in the West wing of the manor. As I got closer to my room I could hear somebody moving around, I slowly opened my door as I reached for my gun.

The only light that filled the room was from the moon and the soft light coming from the hallway. I scanned over the parts of the room I could see while standing in front of the door, my eyes made their way over to the window, I could see the intruder's silhouette.

I aimed my gun and shot them in the knee, filling the manor with the sound of a gunshot and right after a blood curdling scream. I turn the light on and see that I had just shot a man.

My father along with the four men and our guards come running into the room with their guns in hand. "Blaire are you alright?" My father asked with a worried tone in his voice. "I'm alright father." The guards rushed over to the man, grabbing him by his shirt and bringing him to his feet.

"Take him to the basement, NOW." My father barked at them. I walked over to my father who was now pinching the bridge of his nose. "Father, I promise I'm alright" I said as I reached for his free hand.

"Meet me in the basement in ten minutes" he said while gripping my hand. "Yes father" he let go of my hand and left the room, all four men behind him.

After what had happened to my mother, my father has been really protective of me, he's protective of us all but mostly with me. The story of my mother is that one of the other mafia's had broken into the Manor and shot my mother.

I was only four at the time but my father always told me that story along with other stories of her. He always told me that I have my mother's eyes and her bright and gentle smile.

I know he misses her, we all do, but we sometimes catch him looking at the photos of her that are still in the manor. He talks to her as though she is still here, then when he realizes she's not he goes into his office for the rest of the day.

My father is a strong man but my mother was his weakness, he hides his pain whenever we would ask about her. All of my siblings look like both of our parents but my father says I look more like our mother.

For my tenth birthday he gave me my mother's necklace, he said to me "when you're old enough for a mission, your mother will always keep you safe." Ever since my birthday I've never taken it off.

"Blaire?" I heard someone calling for me from the hall. "My room" I heard heavy footsteps coming towards my room. "Dad said to go down to the basement." It was Alex, he had papers in one hand and the other on the door frame. "Thanks Alex."

I exited the elevator and headed to the main cell, I looked up at the guards who were standing in front of the door. "Hello boy's" I say in a joking way. They move aside, allowing me to enter the cell.