002

Blaire Knight

I was woken up by the sound of gunshots, I could hear the guards running down the hall. I grabbed my gun from in between my bed and my headboard and ran to the door. The gunshots were coming from my father's room, without hesitation I started running to his room.

I got halfway down the hall and that's when I saw her, my mother's now lifeless body falling to the floor, my running had now turned into complete stillness, my eyes began to sting as the tears filled my eyes.

My heart dropped to the floor at the same time as my mother, when she hit the floor my sadness turned into anger, before I knew it I was running towards her.

I could hear someone calling my name but I didn't turn back, I couldn't. I had to get to my mother before it's too late.

"Blaire, Stop" "Blaire, turn around" "Blaire, NO."

The more I ran, the farther she got, "MOM" I called out, hoping she'll answer me. "MOM" I got nothing in response, before I could call out one last time a tall man stepped in front of her body, I couldn't see who it was but all I could see was his devilish smirk.

I found myself now standing still in an empty hallway, I looked behind the man and my mother was no longer there. "Young Blaire" the man said in a deep Italian accent, "I'm so sorry about your mother" he said in a sarcastic tone, "you monster" I said as tears started to form from all the anger building, "we're all monsters here darling, even you."

I was trying my best to keep a straight face but I couldn't, and he could tell. I blinked a few times to get rid of the tears but I could feel them slowly making their way down my cheeks.

Once I got my sight back the man was no longer there, "Blaire" I turned around at the sound of my name but saw nobody. I turned back to where the man was last seen, only to become face to face with my dead mother. "BLAIRE"

I woke up with a sudden jolt as I sat up in bed, my heart was racing, my body drenched in sweat. I whipped the sweat off my forehead along with the hairs that were stuck to my forehead.
I ran my eyes across the dark room, only to see the clock that sat on my nightstand. "4:15 a.m. great" I sighed as I slowly climbed out of bed, "I might as well get my day started" I said out loud to myself. I headed straight for my bathroom closet and grabbed two towels and placed them on the counter.

I started the shower and walked over to the sink, I stood there, staring straight into the mirror "I miss you mom" I uttered while trying to hold back my tears. I get into the shower, tilting my head back, allowing the hot water to run through my hair and run down my body.

I grabbed my towels and wrapped one around my body and then wrapped my hair. I walked over to my closet grabbing some plain black jeans, a white tank top along with a black leather jacket and some white sneakers.

Making my way back to the bathroom I unwrap my hair and run my fingers through my tangled hair. I'm not the girly type when it comes to hair and makeup so I tend to keep my hair down or in a ponytail, and with makeup I only use concealer and mascara.

I grab my phone from my nightstand and head down the hall, making my way down the long marble staircase. As I reached the bottom I could hear someone in the kitchen, I know it's not the maids because they don't start working until 5:30 a.m. and it's only 4:45.

I grab my gun from inside the back of my jeans and aim it around all the corners. Once I reached the kitchen I made sure I'm extremely quiet, I rounded the corner and found Sebastian standing in front of the fridge.

"Good morning creature of the night" I say as I put my gun back in it's spot, "good morning baby sis, how did you sleep?" I scoffed in response to his question "nightmare?" "Yeah" I answered as I looked down at my hands.

"Are they getting better or worse?" I lifted my head "worse, this time she was right in my face screaming my name" "I'm so sorry Blaire" he said while pulling me into a hug. "I'm gonna go to bed, goodnight sis" Sebastian said as he kissed the top of my head, "night."