012

Blaire Knight

A week had passed, I woke up all alone, no Ace beside me. No one there to tell me "good morning", there was nothing. I looked at my phone, reading over the things my father wants us to go over during our meeting later today. Blah blah blah. I scrolled through Instagram and saw that Gabi had posted pictures of her and Dante, from Christmas.

A smile crept onto my face as I saw a spark of happiness in her eyes. She and I spoke about the little "relationship" they have but she's not one to get serious, she's more of a "fling" kind of girl. It's her way of not getting hurt, she keeps her walls up and doesn't get attached.

I liked the picture and locked my phone. I heard a knock on the door so I walked over and opened it, "hey bitch" Gabi said, "hey" I said as I moved aside to let her enter. She walked in and sat on the bed, "soo..." she looked at me, "so?" I ask as I close the door. "What is going on between you and Ace?" She asked, keeping her eyes on me as I walked towards my side of the bed.

I shook my head softly and scoffed, "who the fuck knows, Gabi" she looked at me with pinched eyebrows. "What do you mean?" She asked, "One day he likes me and then the next he's all ghost" I say.

Is it something I said or did for him to keep his distance? I have so many questions but I know he won't answer them. Ever since we got here he hasn't said a word to me, and when we would see each other in the halls he would turn around and walk away from me.

"Blaire, I think you need to talk to him about what's happening. Because if you don't, he will just keep doing it" Gabi said as she gave me a half smile. "You're right, I just need to ask him about it," I said.

Later that afternoon we all gathered for the meeting my father and Don had planned. We sat there for 5 minutes, just waiting for Ace to show. He walked through the door and he looked like shit, he had bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess like he just rolled out of bed.

He didn't look my way as he made his way to his chair. He sat down then opened the file, taking out a stack of papers. "Today we will be going over a little bit of the plan" he explains, "Mr Knight, along with my father Mr. Lucciano, will be joining us" he added. I looked at Gabi who just shrugged her shoulders at me then looked down at the table.

"Thank you for joining us today everyone" my fathers voice came through the speakers, "today we will be going over a few things that have recently happened with the Russians' ' he added. My eyes fell from the screen and made their way over towards Ace, the longer I looked at him the more I saw. He was starting to grow a beard and his eyebrows were fuller, he had dark circles and he showed no emotion.

I bring my attention back to the screen just in time for what my father was about to say, "the Russians have stolen 3 million dollars worth of stocks and weaponry from our warehouse" my body filled with rage. I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw Gabi motion to my hand, I looked down and noticed my clenched fist.

I relaxed my grip and saw the marks from where my nails were. "Ace you may now talk about the plan to everyone" my father said, "thank you Michael" he said as he stood up and stood in front of the screen. "All we know as of now is that the Russians are docked in Los Angeles" he said, "they have eyes on the place 24/7 so it will be tricky but if we do it right then we shouldn't run into any problems" he added.

My eyes were glued to the file in front of me, I clicked my pen and circled all the loading docs in the Los Angeles area. I quickly wrote down some notes and some ideas to get this done as quickly as possible, I blocked Ace out and read through the files my father and Mr. Lucciano sent us. I tapped my pen continuously and that's when the little lightbulb turned on.

"We will need all the men o-" "We blow it up" I interrupt Ace, "what?" He questioned with pinched eyebrows. "I know the plan I just came up with is risky but it might actually work" I state, "we sneak onto the ship, plant some explosives in five different spots. Dante can put a silencer on his sniper and kill anyone who is in the way." I said, looking for some sort of agreement.