017

Blaire Knight

Gabi and I sat beside each other in her bed as we watched The Amazing Spider-Man. She wanted to know what had happened between Ace and I but I told her it didn't matter. "B." Gabi whispered, "yeah?" She looked over at me and said, "why won't you allow yourself to love?"

I didn't plan on talking about this today Gabi, you should know that I don't like talking about love.

"Because if I let myself love..." I spoke softly, "someone will eventually end up getting hurt" she smiled softly and grabbed onto my hand. She kissed the top of my hand and said, "the only way to get to your happy ending is by getting hurt on your journey there."

Gabi was right, but I didn't want to admit it. "But sometimes the pain it leaves makes you want to never fall in love again" my voice weak and breathy "I'm so sorry B" Gabi said as she pulled me into a hug, "I'm so sorry you have to feel the pain you did, I would've taking it all away if I could."

It's true. She would have taken my pain away just so that I wasn't hurting anymore. "I know you would've" I said as a single tear rolled down my cheek. Gabi is honestly the best best friend anyone could ever ask for, if you're hurting, she's hurting. If you're sad, she's sad, if you need her she will drop whatever she's doing just to be there for you.

"Enough with the sad stuff" she whispered as she wiped my tear stained cheeks, "we don't need any of this depressing energy" she smiled, "right" I agreed. "Tell me about you and Dante" I said as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "well..." she smiled, "the other night he asked me to be his girlfriend" I looked at her with excitement.

"Did you say yes? Tell me you said yes!" She let out a laugh, "I said yes." I smiled and basically tackled her, she laid there on the bed laughing. I was on top of her and cupped her head with both hands, "my best friend actually has a boyfriend" she held onto my wrists as her laughter calmed down.

"I do, don't I?" She smiled. She seemed generally happy at the thought of having a boyfriend named Dante De Santo. I'm happy for her, she deserves someone who sees her for her and will love her and her imperfections as much as I do.

"I'm so happy for you Gab's," I said, "you actually did it, you got yourself a boyfriend" I got off of her and rolled onto the bed beside her. "Thank you B, for everything" I looked over at her but she kept her eyes on the decorated ceiling, "thank you for being my person."

I'm her person.

I smiled at her words, "what are sisters for!" She turned to look at me and smiled, "sister's forever" she held up her pinky, I smiled then wrapped my pinky around hers, "sister's forever."

Gabi had fallen asleep towards the end of the movie, after it was over I turned the TV off and covered her with the blanket. I shut the door behind me trying to be as quiet as I can. "Hey" someone whispered, I looked beside me and saw Dante standing there, "hey" I smiled, "is she in there?" He asked.

I nodded, "yeah but she's sleeping" I explained. He nodded and gave me a smile, "alright, I'll catch up with her later" he said before walking away down the hall. I went into my room and went into the closet, I looked through the drawers and grabbed an all white bathing suit. I got undressed and put the set on.

I grabbed my phone and went downstairs. Nobody was downstairs so I just went straight to the indoor pool. I opened the frosted glass doors that led to a massive room, the pool was in the middle of the room and off to the right were locker rooms for people to do whatever they needed to do.

I walked over to a speaker and connected my phone to it, I unlocked my phone and went to look for my playlist with my favorite songs. W.D.Y.W.F.M? by The Neighbourbood started playing.