020

|part one|

Blaire Knight

We arrived at the ball and none of us looked like ourselves, we all had wigs and prosthetics on. Gabi and Dante both had blonde hair while the rest of us had dark brown or black.

Loïc and I matched while Ace and Cellina matched, Ricciardo said that he would be meeting his date here-none of us know who she is. Ace had all his tattoos covered and got new ones painted on, he had one contact that was all white and the other one was brown.

They used a scar putty to give him a scar that goes across his eye with the white contact. The one tattoo that stood out on Ace was the ace of spades that was on the side of his neck.

The outside was covered with guards, they were all armed including the ones that were on the roof. Snipers. "Names?" the security guard asked, "Aleksei Maslow and Tasya Maslow" Ace said in his best Russian
accent-it's not the worst nor the best.

Anastasia gave us all fake names that she had already put onto the guest list, I told her it wouldn't work but somehow it is.

The security guard looked through the list of names, he would occasionally let out a few sighs as he flipped another page. He stopped on a name and looked at Ace then looked at Cellina, his eyes traveling down her body. "Have a good evening Mr. and Mrs. Maslow" Ace gave him a nod and walked over to two other security guards.

"Names?" The guards asked Loïc, "Santiago Perez and Yaelis Perez" . I don't know why Anastasia chose Loïc and I to be a married couple when she knows we're not together anymore. The guards gave Loïc a smug look then looked through the list of names.

I held onto Loïc's arm as I looked around at all the people as they waited in line, I glanced over at Ace and saw that he was already looking at me. He quickly turned his attention to Cellina and placed his hand on her lower back.

I felt a lump in my throat as I stood there watching them, secretly wishing it was me with Ace and not Cellina. I can't think about him right now, I'm working and I don't need any distractions.

"Have a good evening Mr. and Mrs. Perez" the guards voice snapped my back to reality, "thank you" Loïc nodded then led us over to the guards that were doing the pat downs.

There was a male and a female standing in front of a table where two heavily armed guards sat, watching as everyone walked by. "Put your hands behind your head and spread your legs for me" the female said, I did as I was told, she began by going over my arms then she went to my stomach.

Patted my legs down and then my chest, she checked my ponytail for anything sharp and when she was down she sent us on our way.

"Are you ready Mrs. Perez?" Loïc asked as we walked into the massive ballroom, I didn't say anything to him. The past two days I've been trying to avoid him because I know he's going to want to talk about what Gabi said and I don't want to talk to him about it.

We walked amongst everyone as we went to our look out points. "Check, check, can you all hear me?" Ace's voice came through my earpiece, "loud and clear" Dante said and so on. "We're good to go, Anastasia" Ace said, "Viktor is holding a meeting on the third floor in twenty minutes. Blaire, I need you to find the room and place the little microphone I gave you earlier" she explained.

"How do I get there from here?" I asked, "There is a door on the left side of the stage, there are stairs that will take you to the third floor" she explained. I looked around and didn't see any of the Alexeyev family. "How much time do I have?" I asked, "nineteen minutes and thirty-two seconds."