018

Ace Lucciano

The look Blaire gave me when I told her she was being pulled from the mission could have easily killed someone. "Ace..." Ricciardo spoke, I looked at him through the corner of my eye, "what is it, Gatti?" He cleared his throat then opened his mouth but closed it quickly.

"Spit it out" I don't have time for his stupidity, "I think what you did was harsh" my expression hardened, "what I did was for the best" my eyes met his. He shook his head and walked in front of my desk, "what you did was take the one thing that means a lot to her. This is her mother, Ace."

I knew what I was doing, but Ricciardo made it harder for me. "You don't think I know that?" "Then why are you doing this?" I couldn't answer him—it was more like I didn't want to—"you're in love with her!"

I clenched my jaw at his words, "why would I be in love with someone who doesn't love me? Besides, I have Cellina now" I said as I brought my attention back to my desk. He chuckled, "you pulled Blaire from the mission because you're scared of her getting hurt or even killed."

I shook my head, "I pulled her because she's not good at what she does." Lie. "Besides, I trust Cellina and I know she's good at what she does." Ricciardo paced back and forth, "are you taking her to the ball?" I didn't answer him.

He put his hands together like he was praying and covered his mouth, "are you bringing her to the god-damn ball!" It wasn't a question anymore, my gaze darkened. "Yes." No hesitation.

He shook his head and looked at me with disbelief, "Althea would be disappointed" my body was on fire, I knew my face was red. I slammed my fists on my desk, "keep Althea's name out of this" I shouted "then don't give me a reason to, Ace" he shouted back, "you know damn well she wouldn't want this for you, she wouldn't want you to give up on the girl you love."

"I don't fucking love her anymore" I grabbed one of the whiskey glasses that were on my desk and through it towards Ricciardo, he ducked down making the glass shatter on the wall. "You need to figure your shit out before it's too late," he said as he stood up, "because once you realize you still love her, she will alright be gone."

I walked over to the window and didn't say anything. "Who are you?" Ricciardo let out a sigh before leaving the room. I rested my arm on the cold window, my blood was boiling. Who are you? That question played through my mind. The only answer I had was I didn't have one at all, every time I tried to think of one I got nothing.

My thoughts quickly switched to Blaire in her white bathing suit, the water dripping off of her hair and landing on her perfect body. When I saw her standing there I just wanted to throw her over my shoulder and take her to my room to put some damn clothes on her.

It was like I only wanted my eyes to see her body, not Cellina's, not Loïc, nobody but me. Stop thinking about her, Lucciano, she doesn't want you so you need to let her go. No matter how hard it will be, I need to let her go.

I pushed off the window and went downstairs, I walked around the railing and walked up the small set of stairs that led to the dining room. I was about to push the swinging door that led into the kitchen where the chefs cook but I was hit in the face by the door.

"Woah, I'm sorry man" Loïc said as he came out of the kitchen with a glass of water, "be fucking carful next time" I barked. He held up his arms, "chill man, it was just an accident" I grabbed my knife that was strapped to my leg and pushed Loïc against the wall, I brought my knife up to his throat.

"Don't tell me what to fucking do" I'm tired of his stupid shit, "a knife... really, Ace?" He raised an eyebrow at me, "looks like it" I said as I pushed down on his throat, "are you flirting with me?!" He narrowed his eyes at me and pursed his lips.

I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled my knife away from his throat and put it back on the side of my leg. He smirked as he took a drink of his water, "what, you want a kiss or something?" I asked in a breathy annoyed tone, "I want a big fat kiss" he pushed his lips out and made kissing noises.

I rolled my eyes as I walked away from him and into the kitchen. I grabbed a glass from the top shelf—I leave the glasses at the bottom for the short people—and went over to the fridge and got some ice from the dispenser then filled the glass with water.

I leaned against the counter and drank my water, the ice cold water ran down my throat and it was refreshing. "I just need to fill my water bottle, I'll meet you out front" the kitchen door swung open and Blaire walked in. She was wearing grey leggings with a long sleeve cropped top to match the bottoms and a pair of white sneakers.

My eyes were locked on her as I let the water in my glass sit on my top lip. She had no makeup on and her dark brown hair was in a ponytail, she looked beautiful.

So much for letting her go Ace.

She didn't acknowledge my presence, she just walked over to the fridge and filled her water bottle. I lowered my glass and dumped the rest of the water into the sink.

I could feel my body starting to heat up again, the feeling I was feeling was strange, I was angry but sad and I didn't like it.

I need to go to the gym before I end up killing someone. I walked towards the door and left the kitchen.

• Oh no Ace, looks like you have to choose one, we can't all have the best of both worlds.

 •••