Chapter 24- Distance and Determination

Angie was in her room crying. She didn’t know what to do. So she started to pack her things. It was now 10pm. She got thirsty and went downstairs for a glass of water when she heard two voices in the kitchen. She recognised them it was Herman and Jade.

Jade “I’m so sorry Herman. I just knew I had to show you the video. I couldn’t let you marry a liar”.

Herman “I know. Thanks Jade”.  Angie was listening behind the door.

Jade “Even though were not together I still care about you Herman”.

Herman “I care about you too”.

Jade then leaned in and kissed Herman. Angie came stood in the doorway and saw them kissing. Herman didn’t pull away.

Angie “Sorry if I’m interrupting something I just wanted a glass of water”.

Jade and Herman separated. Herman looked down whilst Jade was smirking.

Angie “Goodnight”.  She tried to be brave but her voice was breaking.

Herman “It’s late you better get home. Night Jade”.

Jade “Night Herman”.  Jade left. Herman went to Angie’s bedroom but her door was locked. He could hear her crying. He went to his room.

………………5AM………………..

It was the middle of the night and Angie decided to leave. She couldn’t stay in the house no longer. She carried her luggage down the stairs and went to Herman’s office and wrote a note. It said:

Dear Herman,

I have decided to leave. I can’t stay where I’m not wanted. You know I love you well I thought you did. It’s true you and Vilu are my world. I saw you and Jade kissing. I should have known you never truly got over her. Well you two can finally be together. I’m not gonna stand in your way. I’m going to a different country. I’ll go stay with my friend in France. I’ll let Vilu know when I am settled.

I love you Herman always have and always will.

Your Angie x

She placed the letter and propped it up against a picture frame of Herman and Violetta. She was teary. She picked up her luggage and headed towards the door when she heard a timid voice speak. It was Violetta.

Violetta “Angie. Where are you going it’s 5am”.

Angie “I’m leaving Vilu”.

Violetta “What why?”.

Angie “Well Pablo kissed me and your Dad found out. He thinks I kissed him but it was the other way round. Then we had an argument he called of the engagement. Later on I came down for a drink and caught him kissing Jade”.

Violetta “What Jade. Angie it sounds like its one big misunderstanding. I’ll talk to him”.

Angie “No Vilu. It’s fine. I’m moving to France. I’ll call you when I’ settled. Don’t forget I love you”.  She kissed Violetta on the forehead.

Violetta “I love you too”.  Angie picked up her things and left. She put her luggage in the back of her car and drove to the airport.

………….2 Hours Later……….

It was 7am and Violetta was sat on the sofa crying. She cried ever since Angie left. Herman woke up early and came down the stairs and noticed Violetta.

Herman “What’s the matter Vilu?”.

Violetta “It’s Angie”.

Herman “So she’s told you the engagement is off”.

Violetta “Not only that she told me what happened. You think she kissed Pablo when really he kissed her and to make it worse she saw you kissing Jade and  now..”.

Herman “Now what?”.

Violetta “Now she’s gone she packed her things and left”.

Herman “What!”.

Violetta “Yeah she’s left for France 2 Hours ago”.

Herman “She can’t just leave”.

Violetta “Why not she’s no longer engaged and she thinks that you think that she never loved you”.

Herman went to his office and locked the door. He saw a letter on his desk. He started to read it. It was from Angie. Within minutes he finished reading the letter.

Herman “What have I done”. He put his head in his hands and cried.

Meanwhile Angie was sat on the plane on her way to her France. She received a txt from her friend Grace.

It read “Hey Angie on my way to the airport. Won’t be long now. Can’t wait to see you x

Angie smiled but it soon faded when she received a text from Violetta.

It read “Hey Angie Dad found your letter he’s really upset. I’m worried about him x

Angie looked sad. The flight attendant announced that they were near France and they would be on the plane for another hour.

………….1 Hour Later………

Angie was collecting her luggage from the airport and headed towards the exit. She saw Grace in her blue convertible beeping and screaming her name.

Grace “Angie! Angie! over here!”.

Angie “Hey Grace long time no see. I’ve missed you loads”.

Grace “I’ve missed you to Angie. Let’s take your stuff back to my apartment and then we can go eat”.

Angie put her stuff in the boot and got in the passenger seat. They drove to Graces apartment.

……..Meanwhile at the Castillo house……….

Herman was sat at the dining table when there was a knock at the door. It was Jade.

Herman “Jade what are you doing here?”.

Jade “I came to see if you need a shoulder to cry on”.

Herman “No I’m fine…”. He was cut off by the sound of Violetta.

Violetta “Plus I’m here so he doesn’t need you Jade. Bye”.

Jade walked off in the huff.

Herman “Why were like that with Jade Vilu?”.

Violetta “Because there is something rather fishy here. When you and Angie went on your date Jade was there and she said she would be back. I know that because Angie told me”.

Herman “And?”.

Violetta “I don’t know yet but I’m going to find out”. She said really determined.