12

𝗧𝘄𝗼 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

"Luca! Where are you?" Alani called out while looking through the safe house that they were currently living at. Alani didn't hate the safe house, it was actually a nice little place but it wasn't like home and she missed her bed, her shower and even the little spot on the hallway wall that never came out.

"He has to be here somewhere" she said to herself, Luca and Alani were sharing a room and came back to only find him gone.

The faint sounds of crying made her walk to the closet, she gently opened it to find Luca crying and rocking back and forth holding his head. Alani quickly crouched down and wrapped her arms around Luca and patted his back.

"It's okay Luca, I'm here; tell me what happened" she said in a soft whispering voice.

"They're back again, Mary is chasing after me and my dad wants me dead, it's to much for me Alani" he said on between sobs, the voices did come back and they were taunting Luca on how Mary was gonna catch him and silence him for good.

"Don't listen to them, Mary isn't gonna get you, not while I'm her-"

"It's hard to not listen to them, it's not your head!" He roughly moved Alani off of him and stood up and put his index finger on his temple.

"Mary is gonna find me and there's nothing I can do! Stop telling me it's fine when it not!"

"Luca, I promise you, she won't find you okay?" Alani got up and held her arms out. She knew exactly how to calm Luca down in a matter of seconds, Luca wrapped his arms around her and laid his head on her shoulder.

"Don't leave me, I can't fight them alone" he closed his eyes and whispered

"I'm not going anywhere Luca, I'd never leave you alone" she said and rubbed his back, the feeling of her small hand on the middle of his back felt nice. He always felt some type of comfort when he was in Alani's arms, she gave off this vibrant energy and he loved it.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, I didn't mean that, I was frustrated" Luca lifted his head off of Alani's shoulder and looked into her eyes.

"I know you didn't mean it Luca, you're forgiven" she gently placed a kiss on the side of his cheek, which caused him to smile.

Before Luca could lean in and get a kiss from Alani, the door swung open and there stood Luke.

"Am I interrupting something?" Luke said with a smirk

"No" Alani said and removed her arms off of Luca

"Yes, you are" Luca grabbed Alani's arms and wrapped them back around his waist, Alani couldn't do anything but laugh at the cute gesture.

"My bad" Luke said and threw his hands up

"I just came here to tell y'all that mom cooked breakfast today" that wasn't the real reason why he came in, he was also trying to check on Luca to make sure he was okay, but he was embarrassed when he saw that they were about to kiss.

"We'll be down there" Alani said, Luca rolled his eyes mentality, he didn't want to go in the kitchen yet. He wanted to stay here with Alani and love on her, breakfast could wait later for him.

"We'll be down there soon" Luca said, which caused Alani to side eye him. She thought they were gonna go now, but it started to clear up on what he meant by 'soon' and it caused her to look over at Luke who was still standing in the doorway.

Luke's eyes widen a little at the comment, he simply just shook his head and began to close the door.

"Just keep it down, y'all aren't alone in this house" Luke said with a chuckle and completely closed the door.