17

Luca's phone began to ring, he knew it was only one person and his face lit up. He was tired of being in the house by himself with his family, he wanted Alani to hurry and come back too him.

He sucked the chip dust off of his fingers and picked his phone up, and pressed accept

"Hey baby! Where you at?"

"Luca! You have to come quick please" Mason yelled

"Who is this?"

"It's me, Mason, my mom is unconscious and I don't know where Alani is" Mason said quickly

"W-what? Mason, slow down, I can't understand you" Luca said

"My mom, she's not moving and Alani is gone!" Mason said over the phone while crying.

"What do you mean? What happened?"

"I don't know, I don't know! Mommy, please"

"I'm coming Mason, just hold on tight" Luca got up and began to put on his clothes, his heart was racing and so was his mind. He didn't know what was happening or why any of it was happening and honestly, he was scared to find out if this was real.

"Just stay on the line with me, until I get there and remember to breathe little Buddy" Luca continued to talk while putting on his shirt.

"O-okay" Mason sniffled

"I need you to try and remember as much as possible, alright?" Luca put his shoes on and walked out of his room, he quickly made his way to his brother's and sister's room and knocked on the door loudly to wake them up.

"I'll try" Mason said over the phone

Luke opened his door with a groan and rubbed his eyes, he was pissed that his brother disturbed his nap.

"Man, what?" Luke asked

"Alani and her mom are in danger we got too go, LAUREN GET UP!" Luca said and kicked Lauren's door.

"I'm coming! Let me put on some clothes" she responded.

"In danger? The hell you mean in danger?"

"Stop talking and follow me" Luca said and made his way to the living room, he tossed couch cushions around and grabbed the keys and tossed them towards Luke.

"Hey! I just cleaned this living room" Luna said and grabbed the couch cushions off the floor.

"Where you guys going?" She said while she watched Lauren walking into the living room and to the front door.

"We gotta go, Alani is in trouble and Mason is scared. He can't be alone, you still on the line with me little dude?" Luca asked

"Mhm, I'm still here" Mason responded.

"Well, I'm coming! Wait on me" Luna grabbed her purse, moved Luna out the way and made her way out of the house.

"Come on slow pokes, my daughter in law is somewhere and we need to find her!" Luna shouted.

Once they were all in the car, Luke hurried and backed out of the driveway, he quickly drove down the road while Luca was still on the phone with Mason.

Mason gave clear instructions on how to get to his house, Mason did everything that Luca told him to do and that made Luca proud of him. He couldn't imagine being in Mason's spot. No child should have to face any type of trauma no matter how serious it is.

Pulling into Aaliyah's driveway, Luca didn't wait for the car to completely stop, he unbuckled his seat belt and ran to the front door and knocked on it.