Chapter 21

"So Henry was sneaking in Fiona's window to see Bebe?" Lily asked with a frown.

"No, Lily. Fiona and Henry are seeing each other, and the fact that he snuck into her room must mean it's very serious." Finn patiently explained.

"I don't understand what the big deal is. We all know Fiona has always loved Henry. It was only a matter of time until Henry figured out that he loved her too," Lily pronounced. "Although this Finry thing is new to me. How long has that been a thing?"

"Since Mom's funeral?" Davis estimated. "We were on the roof, and the subject came up." He shrugged.

"The roof?" Lily questioned.

"We do all of our best thinking on the roof." Davis nodded.

"After a few too many," Laura said drily.

"Well, either way, I know that look," Kate said as she nodded to Henry. "Unless I'm mistaken, he's just been called in and is about to leave us."

Fiona, who had listened to the entire conversation while wishing the floor would open up and swallow her, turned in her chair to look at Henry, who was looking at his phone while the girl named Dixie was talking.

"Excuse me," Fiona said as she stood and walked toward the bar where Henry was standing. Her sudden move across the restaurant caught Henry's attention, and he looked at her with a guarded expression.

"You're mother just told me it looked as if you have to leave soon," Fiona said as she reached his side. She took her time, letting her gaze skim Dixie as she spoke.

"I have to go now," he responded, and Dixie let out a little cry and grabbed his arm.

"No, you can't go! What if something happens to you! I can't lose you too!"

Fiona could see that Henry wasn't going to be the one to shake her, so Fiona picked up her hand and removed it from his arm.

"Dixie, he's not yours. He's mine. It's time that you let go and step away." Fiona spoke softly, but she used her steely voice, the one she used with the cowboys back home.

"I don't believe you. Henry, tell her it's not true," Dixie insisted as she tried to reach for Henry again.

"Stop!" Fiona said in a firm voice. She was going to have to be cruel about it. "Look at that table." Fiona looked over her shoulder at the table full of people watching them. A few of them were about to fall out of their chairs; they were leaning so far forward.

"That's my and Henry's family. Our families are having dinner, and you are not at that table. If you were truly in Henry's life, you would be." Fiona watched Dixie digest the information, but she still looked unsure.

Henry's eyes were glued to Fiona with an intense look, but what he was thinking was a mystery.

"Are you going to help?" Fiona looked at him with total exasperation. She had no clue why he was only standing there.

"Yes," Henry agreed as he reached forward and pulled Fiona to him. "I love you, and I have to go." He said before his lips captured hers in a fierce kiss. It lasted long enough to make Fiona forget where she was and why she was there.

"Dixie. I'm sorry. Fiona is right. I'm hers, and she knew it before I did." Then Henry patted Dixie's shoulder and asked Fiona to walk him out as he grabbed his hand.

Fiona held tight to his hand as they exited the restaurant. His words made her heart soar.

"I'm sorry, Fiona. That didn't go as I thought it would. Our families are more persistent than I thought." He grimaced. "I also thought my Mom would handle it with cooler than she did, but I'm glad it happened. I was beginning to have doubts despite what I just said to Dixie back there."