07. a peaceful moment ruined

[ 𝐀 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 ]

it was correct, chongyun was indeed winded after running after you

it was correct, chongyun was indeed winded after running after you. after minutes of running you had looked back with paimon, checking if chongyun was still behind you, he was not. you had sighed, forgetting how hot he could get in this heat. you headed back a bit, only a couple feet, you found him laying on the ground groaning.

"sorry chongyun, i had forgotten about you for a minute.." you laughed as you got closer to him. "no.. worries," he whispered, "sorry to trouble you once more."

you had sat down next to him, pulling him up from the ground and letting him sit up right. "im just hoping you're alright."

"im good, i just need to a nice cold popsicle" chongyun groaned once more, his head feeling dizzy. he quickly got one out, eating it quickly so you guys could get on your way again. after the slight delay you had continued your journey with a person you had never traveled with, you still questioned how it would go from the incident that had just occurred.

you and chongyun made it quite far compared to what you were expecting, as you both were a good way from liyue. after passing luhua pool you thought it would be a good time to take a break, help chongyun cool down a bit, "hey, i think we should rest a little before we resume to walking" you said, "alright, let's rest by that tree!" he suggested. you nodded your head and went over to the tree and sat down on the grass.

"are you hungry?" you asked him. "nope, i ate with xingqiu earlier today" he replied while looking at the sky. "alright, if you ever are let me know. i packed some food beforehand" you said as he nodded.

you both sat there in silence, staring at the scenery. the air around had a touch of awkwardness, you felt the need to say something but had nothing to talk about, the same issue for chongyun. he pulled out another popsicles, an uprising question popped in your mind quickly.