20. missing you

[ 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ]

[ 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ]

chongyun missed you, like a lot now

chongyun missed you, like a lot now. he was convincing himself that you'd come the day before yesterday, then yesterday, and he was doing the same for today. he actually dearly missed you, his days weren't as eventful as they used to be and it seemed more boring to him.

he was sitting next to xingqiu and just listening to him read the book he was reading out loud. chongyun just listened while thinking about when you'd return, he was sort of like a helpless little pup waiting for it's owner to come home.

xingqiu clearly noticed this and tried to help by distracting him and getting his mind off of that but it was kind of hard to do, but it did work sometimes

now wasn't one of those times, and he knew it. "and so the knight dashed off- hey chongyun, are you still thinking about y/n?" he asked. chongyun looked at xingqiu looking surprised and replied, "how'd you know?" xingqiu smlied, "you're soooooo easy to read sometimes, did you know?"

chongyun looked at him before turning his head away, "no im not" he stated. "yes you are" xingqiu retorted. "how am i easy to read?" chongyun questioned. "you just are" xingqiu responded.

chongyun sighed, "well since you're just so good at reading people.. yeah, i kind of am"

"kind of?" xingqiu asked. "alright alright, i might be but it's not a lot" chongyun defended. "it's not?" xingqiu questioned raising his eyebrow. "okay okay! i am!" chongyun admitted. xingqiu laughed, "at least you're somewhat honest" chongyun looked at him, "of course im honest, it's just that sometimes i gotta like- you know... uh.. hide the fact???"

xingqiu looked at him and raised an eyebrow, "sure... but ill respect that, if you wanna keep a secret just tell me not not pry a lot, i won't bother you then" chongyun looked at him and smiled, "thanks for that, if i really wanted to keep a secret from you, ill tell you that i want to."

xingqiu nodded and added on, "that's good, so then i won't end up invading your privacy if you ever wanted some, remember. you don't have to always tell me everything if you don't want to"

"well aren't you being quite nice now" chongyun said. "you should be happy about that" xingqiu replied. "well yeah, i guess i am" chongyun admitted.

"but i do kinda wonder how y/n's doing. who knows what they're getting into right now"

"who knows, maybe they're fighting a magical dragon! or maybe a hilichurl! or just resting, anything basically" xingqiu responded. "that both relieves me and worries me at the same time" chongyun stated. "sure does" xingqiu replied.

"let's just hope y/ns doing something more you know, less dangerous!" xingqiu said. "let's hope so" chongyun replied. "they got injured and like just recovered some what recently so they could probably get hurt again pretty easily" chongyun added on

"i don't think y/n would go out and fight some monsters though, that sounds a bit weird to do after just recovering" xingqiu mentioned. "that's true but what if they just run into a group of hilichutls by accident?" chongyun asked.

"then we'd just have to hope that y/n managed to run away from them or found someone to help fight the monsters off" xingqiu stated. "true" chongyun replied.

"you wanna go to xiangling's restaurant and eat some food?" xingqiu asked. "... as long as you don't force me to eat some weird spicy food, sure" chongyun responded. "i wont!" xingqiu replied. "you better not" chongyun added on

xingqiu laughed at him as they both got up and started walking to wanmin restaurant to go order some food to eat, it was a bit of a long walk but it would pay off for the food.

uh ill be trying to update chapters more, but, they'll like be shorter 🤷🤷