24. a so called date

[ 𝐀 𝐒𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄 ]

you and chongyun started walking around liyue harbor at first, then left, and then started making your way walking with chongyun along the path towards wangshu inn

you and chongyun started walking around liyue harbor at first, then left, and then started making your way walking with chongyun along the path towards wangshu inn. you were running here and there. places into flower fields and then just laying down in the grass while looking at the sun. chongyun was chasing you but he seemed pretty out of breath.

once he finally caught up with you he started breathing heavily and fell in the grass right beside you. "god im exhausted" chongyun mumbled. you laughed at him, "was running around fun?" you asked. "no" he replied. you sat up before getting up again and running again.

chongyun groaned before getting up as well and following you from behind. he wasn't having a good time. when he finally caught up to you again, he smiled. you were sitting under a tree with some actual shade so he could feel at least a little bit better, but the run wasn't worth it.

"well aren't you nice," chongyun said. you smiled at him, "right?" you replied. he sighed at you before sitting down, you sat down next to him. you rested your head on chongyuns shoulder. he slightly turned his head to look at you and smiled before resting his head on top of yours.

"oh yeah, do you have any mora with you?" you asked chongyun. "i think i have some, why?" he questioned. "just because, i wanted to go out and like buy some food and all" you replied. "alright then, do you wanna go anywhere in particular?" he asked. "isn't wangshu inn nearby? i passed it while coming back here." you stated.

"alright then, we can go there, do you know how much the food costs?" chongyun asked. "... okay well... uh..."

"so you don't know"

"kinda" you replied

"it's okay we'll just figure it out when we get there," chongyun said. "alright!" you exclaimed.

when you saw wangshu inn in the distance you started to walk faster, chongyun just continued to walk his way there.

"chongyun, hurry up! it's right there!" you yelled. "im taking my time" he said yelling back at you. "walk a little faster!" you yelled. "hold on!"

all in all, chongyun was slow. like really slow. but eventually, you two got there and just looked around for a little before then wondering how you were supposed to order food.

eventually, a lady came up to you two and asked if you were going to order some food which you said yes to, and now here you guys were, sitting in front of each other waiting for the food that was ordered.

"do you come here often?" you asked chongyun. "no, i usually just end up passing by, that's all, and you?" you shrugged, "i mean, ive always wanted to come here and try the food but i never found the time to so id say it's my first time eating here!" you explained. he nodded to your response

soon, a waitress came by with your food, "here's the food for y/n and chongyun! our noodles with mountain delicacies and our jueyun chili chicken!"

"thank you," you said.

"you're welcome, enjoy the meal!" the waitress replied.

you looked at the food and it looked really good. you were about to take your first bite until chongyun spoke up, "jueyun chili chicken..?? isn't that like really spicy?" he questioned. "im not sure, it just sounded good so i ordered it" you replied.

"you might need some water" chongyun stated. "ill be fine" you responded. and so, you took your first bite. it wasn't as spicy as chongyun was saying it was so you just assumed that chongyun wasn't able to eat spicy food that well.

you offered some of your food to chongyun, "want some? it's not as spicy as you were describing it to be" you mentioned. he stared at your food with horror, "not as spicy?? really??" he questioned you. "yeah, i mean it! just try some, if you think it's spicy then ill uh... i don't know, give you some water?" you explained.

"i can't handle spicy food y/n." chongyun admitted. "you'll be fine! it's not that spicy, i promise!" you said. "... only because you want me to" chongyun replied. you held out some of the jueyun chili chicken and fed it to chongyun. he started chewing it and immediately spat it out.

"that's so spicy- oh my god i need some water now!" he said starting to violently fan himself with his hand. you were shocked but also kind of amused at the same time, it was funny. "y/n!! water!! now?? please??" chongyun stated. you laughed, "okay okay, here it is," you said, getting up and then pouring water into his mouth. it basically overflowed.

after the spice from chongyuns mouth died out he started talking. "that was a horrible experience." you laughed, "was it actually that bad? it didn't seem that spicy to me at least" you stated. "you're crazy" he retorted. you just laughed even more.

"you have a pretty low spicy tolerance yun yun"

"yun yun???" he questioned.

"a new nickname" you replied, "do you like it?"

"ill like any nickname you give me" he responded. you just smiled with a light blush on your cheeks. "well that's good then" you said.

chongyun smiled at you. "wanna go somewhere else?"

you looked at him, "where?"

"surprise i guess, but you'll figure it out while we're going there," he explained.

"alright then, lead the way!"