Rule #13: Never forget the magic of surgery

Suprise... I'm back!!

The theater is amazing... when the lights go up, the gowns go on. I love waking up every morning, dreaming to just step into the operating room...

Oh did you think I was talking about the normal theater? Oh no... I was talking about surgery.

They used to call the OR an operating theater. If you think about it, theater and surgery have a lot in common. I mean there are a lot of similarities. I just can't think of them right now.

But there is something so magical about surgery. I know, I know, I sound like a crazy person. But when the lights are dimmed, and the room is quiet, it's just you and the scalpel, that's when the magic happens.

~~~

"Ok, what happens after the skin is separated?" Caleb quizzed. Camilla tapped he fingers on the table.

"We flip the patients then check for nerve damage!" she exclaimed. He shook his head.

"What?! But... but after the skin is stretched and reconstructed, Smith leaves the OR then Clark and I... wait" she stopped.

"You switched them, Camilla. Jung and Anderson check for nerve damage before you flip and then they check for nerve damage again after you flip." He explained. Camilla sighed, nodding.

"Alright alright. Need to go over that part again." She mumbled. He nodded, putting away his flashcards.

"It's a big surgery, Cam. And you didn't get enough sleep because of the nightm-" He said. She shook her head.

"I'm fine, Caleb. I'll be fine. I'm just glad we have reinforcements because it's a long surgery" She explained. Laura and Daniel came running into the room.

"They're here!" They sang. Camilla furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean they? I thought it was just Anderson?" She asked. Laura shook her head.

"Didn't you hear? They brought another doctor to come to help Jung since he recently became an attending. It's Dr. Blake!" She jumped. Camilla widened her eyes.

"Alexander Blake?" She asked. Daniel nodded. Camilla felt her heart jump, running out of the room.

"Does she know him?" Caleb asked. They followed Camilla out into the hallway and down the stairs.

Jaehyun was heading downstairs when they accidentally ran into him.

"Slow down guys," he mumbled. Camilla ignored him, dashing down the hallway.

"She has been running like that since we told her Dr. Blake is coming," Laura said. Jaehyun shrugged.

"Does she know him?" He asked. They watched as a tall figure walked over to Camilla, embracing her into a large hug.

"Lex!" She shrieked. He laughed.

"Hey, Cam!"

"Oh... she really knows him," Laura mumbled, looking up at Jaehyun who's fists were clenched.

~~~

"What are you doing here!" Camilla asked, slowly letting go of the hug.

"I knew that you and Alexander were close and this is a pretty big surgery and we need all the backup we can get. So I asked if he was up for it." Anderson explained. I smiled.