Living Life

Giovanni

"Wasshannin fool." Tyrek said dapping me up as I walked into the barber shop. "Nun much, you?" I said sitting in the chair. "Makin money cuh, how the fam?" He asked brushin my head. "Ion know what's worse, bein in the house full of women or them askin me fo shit. Them my girls tho, I'm ready for my lil nigga to get hea." I smirked.

Let me catch y'all up .. me and Nomi got 4 kids goin on 5. Yeah I kno, I been working her ass like a mf. So we consider my niece Lola as our child too but really we have 4. Lola been with us for 8 years like she wanted and now she's 18 tryna move out and shit. Ion like that shit but it's whatever.

"Any news on bru?" Trey said munching on some chips. "Nah, I still think that bitch got some to do with it." I sighed and mugged.

Ruth still playin this dumb bitch role sayin Sheon know what happened to Rodney 8 years ago. I know she got some to do with it and I think shit startin to make sense. I can't even do what I want to her ass cause of the lifestyle I'm livin. Ima family man now, I can't do what I use to do and the police ain't no help either.

Rodney was my brother before anything and I can't sit hea and let him go like that. I gotta know what really happened. Nomi tryna say she think he's dead but ion think so, I think Ruth got him. I'll neva let that shit go, eva.

"Aye man, what's done in the dark gone come to the light aight?" Tyrek said grabbing the clippers. I just nodded my head and sighed.

Ima find you Nigga .. no doubt

Nomi

"Willow! Sage & Rose!" I yelled to the girls. I was making dinner and I really didn't feel like looking for them. Lola was at softball practice but she should be home soon. I'm so proud of her and lord knows her crazy Uncle is too.

"Ma, what you cookin?" Willow smiled. "I wanted some salmon so I made it over rice and I added a baked potato and shrimp for the side and okra for me." I smiled and kissed her head. Willow plays basketball and is tall just like her dad.. both of them.

"Go wash up and be ready to eat, Rosy Rose baby girl come here." I smiled at my youngest daughter.

Here's the order of my kids so there's no confusion:

1. Lola 18
2. Willow 8
3. Sage 6
4. Rose 4
5. Baby five is pending in my belly

Me and Giovanni have been busy as hell with making our family but we gots the money for it. I'm now the head doctor at the hospital I worked at before and Lisa is right next to me. Lisa has a set of twin boys name Jay and Zay. Lol they look nothing like her but act just like her it's crazy. Jr is huge now and playing football for his school. These kids growing up so fast man.

"Mommy I want chicken nuggets." Rose whined. "You are a chicken nugget, go wash up." I said patting her butt. "Mama did you separate my food?" Sage asked. "Yes mamas I did, I will never forget Sage." I smiled as I rubbed my belly. I could literally pop any minute now and I'm so ready for it.

"Wassup losers?" Lola busted in the door kicking her shoes off at the door. "Hi Lo." I smiled and tried to give her a kiss. "Come onnnnnnnn I'm too old for thatttt!" She frowned and moved out the way. "Well that's too bad, everyone gets the Nomi kisses around here. How was practice?" I asked as I sat down. "Coach P being Coach P per usual. It was so hot today!!! You know we're in the play offs now so everything is serious. Where is Unc?" She asked while taking her hair out of the bun.

"He's at the barbershop." I smiled at her. I love my family, I feel like everything is so perfect. The only thing I can never seem to let go is Rodney. I've convinced myself now that he's dead for the sake of my own thoughts.

"Okay great... can you please talk to him about the apartment? I really don't want to stay in the dorms Auntie. Please?" She whined. "Lola you know how Gio gets about that conversation." I sighed. Giovanni wants her to stay here since she's going to a college in town.

"Ma I don't wanna stay in this house. Don't get me wrong I love you guys but I need space. Especially since we are still building here." She smiled and making circles around my belly. "Oh hush it! It's Giovanni's fault not mine but I will try again tonight but baby girl after a while you will have to do it yourself okay? Now go shower you stink." I smiled and kissed her face. She nodded her head and ran upstairs while the girls came down.

I fixed the girls plates and put Giovanni's plate in the microwave. That's something that will always happened...

Giovanni hasn't ate dinner with us at the table .. ever. It's always "something came up" or "put it in the microwave I'll eat it". I mean I've said something multiple times but it doesn't workout how I want it too. He's still trying to figure out what happened to Rodney and I get it they once had a bond before but you have to take care of your family because right now he's neglecting us.

Sometimes he don't even come home and it stresses me out because I'm not sure what he's really doing. The part that really gets me is that we've been together for 10 years plus and I'm still consider his girlfriend. I'm not rushing him I swear because a rushed marriage is the worse but damn am I worth anything?

These are the same things I think about on a daily and it will never change until things change.

2 hours later

"Come on I made cookies, let's watch Home." I smiled walking into the movie room we have. It's not really a theater but we just have this one big bed/couch that can fit up to 10+ people and a flat screen. I fall asleep in here with the girls all the time or we have girl talk.

"Okay so I made chocolate, sugar, and oatmeal. Grab what you like." I said sitting down and getting comfortable while they grabbed at the cookies.

"Mommy where is daddy?" Rose asked with chocolate all over her face. "He's coming my Cookie Monster." I smiled and kissed her face. I looked at Lola to see her shaking her head. I mouthed "I'm sorry" to her and sighed. I can't keep making excuses for him but what am I supposed to say?

45 minutes went by and it was now going 10pm. Me and Lola were the only ones up and the girls were knocked out. They all sleep wild ass hell so it's so funny to take their pictures.

"Ma this is crazy, he's always doing this." Lola said shaking her head and picking up Rose. "I know baby I know." I sighed and scratched my head. "He needs to do better! It's like we're growing up fatherless!" She frowned and walked up stairs with Rose.

It's bad if your children are noticing what's going on in the relationship.

I was about to pick up Sage but I heard the front door open.

"What I tell you about picking them up Nom?" Giovanni frowned. Yup that rule stayed the same of course.

"That should be the least of your worries, where were you?" I said folding my arms. "You alre- No! I don't! I am sick of lien to the girls about your fucking whereabouts! Giovanni get it to fuckin gether! You are a damn dad now! You may not do right by me but don't let that shit be known in front of my fucking kids! I am sick of these late nights! I'm done!" I said all in one breath.

"I think I found Rodney." He said blankly.

Wow.

** Like & Comment **