Chapter 31

A bit of a filler but the entrance exams are going to be next chapter FINALLY oh my god

Third person pov

"And you said that Kittrick Suzuko, the teenage millionaire owner of the world famous, renowned magazine, was out here in the middle of the night without shoes getting mugged?" Tsukauchi said it very slowly, pen poised over his notepad. He'd repeated the same question about three times now, and Aizawa was getting pretty tired of answering, even if all he had to do was sigh out a yes. He had other, better things to do. Like get coffee, or go save some other irrational kid from a mugging. 

Honestly, the only reason he even knew what the brat looked like was because of how troublesome they were. He was all over the news, and it was near impossible to turn on the TV without hearing the Suzuko name spouted off in some regard, as the publications were always offending someone or speaking about something no one else had. That, and Mic was a huge fan. Would not shut up about it and was trying desperately to get the squirt on his radio show. The guy was constantly invading Aizawa's apartment, leaving the magazines strewn about. Shota could admit he'd... maybe cracked open one or two, and that they weren't all that bad. But that was besides the point.

"That's what I said." Aizawa confirmed verbally, cocking a brow when Tsukauchi's face twisted.

"I don't believe you." The detective seemed to decide with very little hesitation, still not writing his statement down. Aizawa swallowed a sigh and wondered how much longer they'd be here. He had better eyesight than most, and he knew what he'd seen. Unless Kittrick Suzuko had a double running around the back alleys of Musutafu, then that had definitely been him. 

"Your quirk detects lies, Naomasa." Aizawa drawled, giving him an irritated look. The man shriveled slightly, looking like he needed a nap just as badly as Shota did. The implications that came with Kittrick Suzuko stabbing someone strung out on trigger-- self defense or not-- were hefty. It would be a total shit storm with the press. And paperwork. So, so much paperwork. "I'm not sure this is a matter of whether or not you believe me."

"Right, right. So a... technically unidentified teenager who looked like Kittrick Suzuko was the victim involved in the mugging. Looked like." Tsukauchi seemed to come to this conclusion on his own, and Aizawa rolled his eyes as the man began to jot it down with a self-assured nod. Sure, sure. If that helped him sleep at night, then he could certainly argue that it was just some random kid who happened to look a lot like a celebrity if that helped. Aizawa could honestly care less. With UA's new schoolyear coming up, he had bigger things to worry about.

"Sure." Aizawa's short response was all the relief Tsukauchi needed, apparently. The man deflated like a stuck balloon, sliding the clipboard under his notepad out and turning it towards him so he could sign and get on his way. Shota did so without complaint. Though, he couldn't help but wonder what a rich kid had been doing out here in this part of town so late. Shoeless, no less. Did he not have enough money for an Uber? Or hell, a private chauffer? 

He thought back on what little he'd seen of the encounter. The kid had moved fast-- faster than you'd expect from someone like him. It was... actually quite interesting. Kittrick Suzuko was known to be quirkless, yet the kid had obviously held his own, even against someone with a supercharged quirk. Aizawa was never going to admit it out loud, but he was a little impressed. The kid had potential. He wondered if the brat had any interest in heroics, or if he'd be seeing him at UA this year. He somehow doubted it, but a bit of mild curiosity never hurt anyone.

It didn't take long for things to wrap up after that. The druggie was incoherent as he was taken away, and Eraserhead was soon launching himself back up onto the rooftops. If he searched a little further than usual in the direction their mugging victim had run off to, well, there was no one to tell. He ran into a couple more simple muggings and a robbery or two before he was heading home from his shift, thoughts of shoeless millionaire children and course plans for the upcoming schoolyear ruminating through his mind.