Chapter 33

Third person pov

"It was an accident." Was the first thing Kit said to him when Tenya stormed into Chad's hospital room, phone clenched in one hand and the collar of Izuku's shirt death-gripped in the other. Kit's red eyes flickered down to the freckled boy's limp form, brows raising at the distant expression on his face and the sling his arm was in. Tenya frowned, releasing Izuku unceremoniously onto the tile and advancing. Kit held his hands up in surrender, focus immediately back on his boyfriend. "They swung first! Ask Dabi! Or Rei!"

Kit didn't look hurt outwardly, but there was no telling what kinds of wounds he could be hiding under his clothes! He was wearing shorter-than-short shorts and Ingenium-brand knee socks to throw him off, but Tenya was determined not to be distracted. Even if Kit was batting his eyes and had his hair messed up in the most impeccable way possible. Tenya is not a man so easily swayed! He has to stay strong. It's not like anyone else is going to back him. Izuku's out of commission, laying on the ground in a state of relative unconsciousness, and Dabi's only purpose in life is to judge them and laugh at their misfortunes. Chad's here too, but... you know...

"I was gone for less than six hours." Tenya ignored, thrusting his phone so close to Kit's face the boy went cross eyed trying to look at it. It was admittedly quite cute, but he's supposed to be mad. He is mad. Well-- maybe it's more frustration and stress than anything else. Can you even blame Tenya at this point? How had this even happened?! "Six hours, and suddenly you're a publicly-recognized vigilante! Kit!" 

"I'm sorry!" Kit whined back under Tenya's indignant stare and scolding tone. His Cheshire-worthy grin gave him away. Tenya brought his hands up to his face with a defeated groan as Kit burst into a fit of moderately unhinged snickering, further proof of how unapologetic he actually was. Tenya wasn't sure what he'd been expecting, really. Perhaps the faintest sliver of regret? He'd been thinking too big. Kit didn't have the capacity to feel shame. "We were just trying to get information on Denise. We didn't ask those fuckers to attack us. I swear it." 

Tenya let his hands drop, doubtful. Yeah. Likely story. He loved Kit, yes, but he was absolutely lying right now. How was Tenya supposed to peacefully go to UA knowing he was leaving Kit to his own devices for so long?! There was no telling what he'd get into if Tenya wasn't there. This was only the first day he'd been away, and it hadn't even been a full school day's worth of time! Tenya shivered thinking of how Kit would act once he got acclimated to Tenya not being around to scold him. 

"You literally told them to come at us, you little shit. And you also told them we were vigilantes and asked them to name you, since you had to ideas." Dabi drawled from his spot perched in the corner, verifying Tenya's suspicions. He had a Suzuko magazine in his hands and was leisurely flipping through, not bothering to look up. If he had, he'd have only been pinned by Kit's betrayed glare anyway. "I guess my mom did throw out the first move up, though. So you have that going for you."

Kit's irritation towards the scarred man flowed off his face and he turned to Tenya with a beaming grin, as though goading them weren't just as bad as attacking was. Tenya slumped in defeat, a heaving sigh escaping him as Kit reached forward grabbed him by the arm, dragging him down onto the small couch next to him. Tenya allowed himself to bonelessly collapse, the exhaustion from the exams helping to drag him down. Kit was immediately forcing himself further into his side, legs thrown over his thighs and arms wrapped around his middle. Tenya felt himself grow warm, his cheeks reddening. He cleared his throat in an embarrassed manner. At least Izuku wasn't awake to laugh and gag at them.

Kit hummed, propping his chin up on his boyfriend's bicep and peering up at his face. He looked downright exhausted. Kit had no fucking clue if Izuku was even still breathing. Where had the whole broken arm thing come from, anyway? Tenya had texted saying they'd be late and that Recovery Girl had to do a few rounds of healing on the freckled menace, but how bad had it been originally that she wasn't able to knock it all out in one go? Once again, Kit had no fucking clue. He guessed it didn't matter. No fucking way they didn't pass.