Chapter 2

Third person pov

Summer fell upon them in the blink of an eye, and Kit became a regular in the Iida household.

Often times, Yumi and Tadao didn't even know he was there. It was the same for Tensei, though he was often busy with work anyway. His meetings with Kit were few and far between, but Tensei tucked them away for safe keeping. Kit was an oddity, but one he was quickly beginning to love. He brought out the joy in Tenya, and Tensei couldn't even begin to thank the brash boy for that.

Now that Kit knew which window was Tenya's, he had absolutely no trouble scaling the wall outside and letting himself in. Tenya certainly didn't mind. Seeing Kit never failed to bring a smile to his face. Hanging out with him endlessly was fine. He'd have the boy move in if he could. The blue-haired boy wasn't sure he'd ever get tired of the brunette's presence. Besides, with school out for break, he was feeling even more Kit-deprived. 

Kit didn't like being at home, but he liked Tenya, so it was a win-win. Hanging out with the taller boy was refreshing. Most people regarded Kit distaste. Kit's personality was so shitty that he couldn't blame them. It was nice to finally find someone who had the mental capacity to deal with his bullshit. Tenya had the uncanny ability to actually grow fond of Kit and his brashness, which was shocking enough as it was. What surprised Kit the most was that Tenya was perfectly fine with growing fond of Kit and hanging out with him. He just let it happen without resistance. There was no shame at all there.

Now they sat in his bedroom. It felt like they were in an oven. They'd opened a window and gathered every single fan they could, aiming it at themselves to no avail. The air conditioning was broken, leaving them to sit and suffer unless they wanted to go somewhere else. Kit had been the first to take off his shirt, saying 'fuck it' as he did so. Tenya had followed closely in suit, half because his brain was boiling in his skull, and half because he didn't want it to be weird because only one of them had their shirts off.

"Dude, what the hell?" Tenya tensed as a hand planted itself on his stomach. Tingles shot out from the spot and sparked across his skin in a manner that felt mildly threatening, and certainly new. "Dude, you're ripped as hell. I mean, I get the legs, but this? Damn."

Tenya felt his cheeks flush, but he knew they were already red from the heat. Kit wouldn't notice. He shifted awkwardly as Kit's hand ran up and down his abdomen, red eyes wide with something akin to awe and wonder. A shiver shot down his spine, and he pushed his glasses further up his face as his gaze trailed down Kit's stomach. He felt his face head further and tried clearing his throat in hopes that would help.

It didn't.

There was something odd the way Kit's hand felt. It felt like... a hand, sure. But different. It was relaxing, but also made him tense all over. He liked it, but he didn't. It was unlike anything he'd ever felt before in his life. Then again, he'd never had someone running their hand up and down his abs either. It occurred to him that Kit was currently feeling him up, and the realization made his face go completely red and his spine go straight as a rod. Yet he almost didn't want it to stop. That was the weird part he couldn't quite get. It made no sense. Kit was his best friend. Was it... okay that he sort of liked this?

"You have muscle definition as well." Tenya pointed out, doing his best to shake the odd feeling taking form in his chest. Kit took one look down at himself and scoffed, poking his own stomach. His abs were showing, but weren't nearly as defined as Tenya's were. The brunette clearly worked out, but not like Tenya did. Tenya's body was built to gather muscle. He had a broad frame, and it wasn't hard to gain brawn. Kit's body was slimmer and no doubt had a harder time taking on fat and such of the like.