The First Chapter

Once upon a time...

There was a kingdom that lived freely, full of freedom and romance. It was called The Kingdom of Mondstadt. The kingdom lived in happiness and peace, especially The King and Queen. They had a child, a beautiful young girl who has been born on the day of her parents' anniversary of being together. Their days got luckier when she stepped foot into the world. Her name was Sucrose, the daughter of The King and Queen. However, they didn't expect the child to resemble her mother a bit. She had the ears of her mother which looked like an animal. Yet they didn't mind because they still loved their child nonetheless for they'd thought of wanting a child. But the reason why she got the genes of her mother was that...

Her father was going to be the next Heir of the Throne in Mondstadt. And on his 18th birthday, he was forced to make a decision to marry a girl to his liking. None of the women chosen was to his type, but one. He glanced over to the woman with animal-like ears. He smirked at a genius idea he has in mind. He chose the woman with weird ears to marry. 

Fast forward, they got married and he was in charge of the throne. Her father was rather interested in her mother's ears rather than their "love life." He wanted to investigate and do research purposes on her ears rather than loving her. He investigated her before because she was quite an exotic being. 

But as time passed by, he didn't feel the need to do those actions anymore because it felt wrong. He saw how sad she was when she noticed that he didn't love her. And after realizing everything he did was wrong, he started to feel real emotions for her. He apologized and swore to her that'd be would love his wife until his lungs run out. She understood why her husband did that, and that's because a lot of people wanted to investigate her exotic ears. Yet she still had mixed feelings about it despite the fact that he swore to love her til death caught up to him.

Sucrose's father loved alchemy, he loved it very much and he showed the magics and wits of Alchemy to Sucrose at a young age. Since she would always go to his office and witness him doing alchemy work. She kept going to his office to spectate him do the work, and to the point that she was interested in it. He showed it to her. It was confusing for her at first, of course. But as she grew up, she started to understand more. Once she did, she never stopped admiring and working with alchemy. And to the point her father shared his office with her, making fun and silly experiments, discovering more things they never knew, it was fun. 

Sucrose loved alchemy very much that every night, she would study them before going to sleep. Yet she felt lonely that no one can relate to her when it came to alchemy. Her parents observed this sad manner of hers — so they sent her to an ordinary school for her to learn more other than alchemy and to make friends of her own. But they fear that she'd get bullied because of her ears. Most adored her ears, and few bullied her for those ears. But eventually stopped because she was the daughter of a royal bloodline.

However, she still didn't find someone who was interested in alchemy. Even if she made friends of her own, she showed something that was most interesting to her. But they said it was hard to do and confusing. Sucrose felt sad that no one can relate to her until one day...

Her parents were in a meeting with The King and Queen of Liyue. Her parents invited them for dinner and a chat. Since Sucrose was about ten at that time, she didn't understand what they were talking about. Her parents decided to play outside with her friends and she did. However, since none of them were available at the moment, she wanted to explore what was it like outside the walls. 

She somehow escaped without getting caught. Sucrose was amazed because she had never been outside of the walls before, she didn't understand why her parents forbid her to go outside. It was a question to be asked on another day. She roamed around the plains of fields outside. She saw trees that have pretty colors and small, little but cute flowers laid in the fields. But her curiosity was piqued even more when she met a boy, sleeping under a tree.