Chapter 4

While walking, they saw the Knights of Favonius, the guards who also watch the castle prepare for patrol. Sucrose greeted them but they didn't do so back to her. Instead, they warned her about something.

"Good evening."

"Your Highness, what are you doing here late in the evening? You should go back inside as soon as possible."

Klee was shocked when the guard said "Your Highness." She didn't even know she was talking to the daughter of the King and Queen, rulers of Mondstadt. But she stayed in silent shock, not wanting to intervene in an upcoming serious conversation.

"Why? It's the first time I've ever heard a warning from the Knights. And I've strolled these streets as a youngling, so why warn me at this time?"

"My sincerest apologies for the sudden attitude towards you. It's just that there's been a report that monsters we didn't know existed have set up camp near our Kingdom and we warned everyone that they need to be sheltered."

"You were ordered by the King and Queen, correct?"

"Yes, indeed. Even though the camp of monsters is not really the nearest to Mondstadt, we still need to take caution."

"Very well said, I will obey your orders for it will ensure the safety of Mondstadt."

The three of them continued forward to go into the palace while the knights were going to do outside and do some night patrol.

"What was that?"
Klee asked, clearly worried.

"It's nothing, the knights should be here to protect us so we're fine. Plus the monsters aren't very near to us."

"Whatever that was, we should put aside. I don't want Klee to worry."
Albedo worried for his little sister.

They arrived at the palace. Sucrose got in as the guards confirmed her arrival but not the other two. They blocked their way with swords which Sucrose heard by the sound of them clanging. Klee got startled and hid behind Albedo.

"Hey! Put those down. They're my friends."

Friends...
Albedo sadly thought.

The guards removed the sword blockage and bowed down to Sucrose as an apology. The two went inside and they were amazed. But the amazement mostly came from Klee.

"I didn't know you were a princess! Wait, are you?"

"I am. But I wouldn't like to brag about it."

"Lucky! I wish I was one..."

Klee roamed, ran, and walked around exploring the castle. Her shouts were echoing throughout. Albedo and Sucrose followed her movement with their eyes, constantly shifting their heads toward the girl to make sure she wasn't going to break, damage, or do anything suspicious.

"Yeah, energetic indeed."
Sucrose claimed.

"She's always like that when she's very interested in something."

"I would be too!"
Sucrose giggled, putting a warm smile on Albedo's face.

All they heard were the footsteps and gasping of the child in the background.

"Klee, don't run too much, you'll trip!"
Albedo yelled.

She caught up to them, grasping for air after running around. She walked at a normal pace, catching her breath.

"I.. didn't get to ask yet.. but what's your.. name?"
Klee asked, running out of breath.

"Sucrose."