Chapter 9

Love... I've heard of it before. Have I really fallen in love with my best friend Albedo? What if mom and dad know?! Oh no! I'll be doomed!

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

"Love..? I know the word but the meaning... I'm clueless about it."
Sucrose said.

"I'm not really much good at the subject either but I suppose it's an emotion you feel once in a lifetime. An emotion that makes you feel warm, feel at home, forever at peace, and feel loved for eternity. It's not like the love you feel from friends or family, it's a whole new chapter."

"Oh my, you know so much Noelle!"

"Please, there's no need to mention—"

"Do you have a lover of your own?"

"Eh?"

Noelle collapsed, stunned as she was blushing very hard at the question. Not to mention, she asked Noelle boldly like it was nothing. Moments later after she calmed down, she was able to answer her question but in a flustered state.

"W-well.. no. I just know it from books since books give lots of knowledge."

(Noelle's that one friend who gives love advice yet she's the single one.)

"I guess I should try reading books more often... But what I'm feeling for Albedo is love...?"

"Correct."

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Although Sucrose didn't really seem to be shocked by the emotion, confused (still) rather — she believed in Noelle's words. But just thinking about love and Albedo at the same time made her feel flustered but cozy for some reason.

"Love... Wait.. didn't I hear Albedo mention it befo—"

SLAM

"We're back!"
Klee shouted, bursting into the room with Albedo carrying the heavy load of luggage.

Sucrose screamed in surprise, but then calmed down once she saw it was only them.

"Oh, it's just you two... thank Archons. You scared me! Klee, next time you should knock on the door instead of slamming it. It was very sudden and impolite of you."
She scolded.

"I'm sorry... I won't do it again."

"Good. A-are you guys planning on sleeping here?"

Albedo thought of something... different when she asked. His mind started to run hastily like tap water. But, the other side of his brain had a normal idea so it wasn't that serious.

"N-no. W-we just wanted to know where we're sleeping. We couldn't possibly sleep in the princess's room! That's just straight-up wrong and weird, hahaha..!"
He nervously stammered, chuckling also.

He's acting too strange nowadays. I'm not even sure if I want to know what was on his mind when I asked him that sentence...
She thought.

"I'll show you the guest room, it's not far from my room."

Sucrose then led the two to the guest room. They unpacked their things, trying to get used to the surroundings. Once that was done, they went to eat dinner. After dinner, they did their nightly routines before greeting each other a good night.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

2:54 am, Sucrose randomly woke up in the dark morning. She didn't know why she woke up but she had a sense of loneliness lingering in her. Trying to ignore it was definitely unsuccessful. She wasn't afraid of the paranormal at all so she didn't think a ghost was watching her. She tried to go back to sleep, but her brain was too awake for some reason. So, she just lay there looking up at the ceiling of her bed. The curtains on her bed pillar were not tied, therefore, covering her just a bit. She sat up, looking at her surroundings. She then had the sudden urge to go outside if anyone was still up. So, she grabbed an antique candle holder with the candle inside and lit it up with a match then walked outside.