Chapter 7

Also, this is optional but feel free to listen to the attachment above. It can be found on Spotify too.

"Goodnight!"
Sucrose waved goodbye.

"Goodnight, Sucrose!"
The blondes waved back.

Sucrose watched the two exit the castle. Once they got into their homes, she went inside to get a good rest. After she tidied up some stuff in the office, she went to the dining room to eat some dinner. It wasn't much awkward for her to eat alone. After that, she went to her room to take a warm shower. Moments later, she went to her— you know what? This describing stuff is only wasting your time. Let's get to the real deal, shall we?

After she had done her nightly routine...

Sucrose thought about going to the office again to do some alchemy, but then again, it was quite late for that now as she just finished cleaning up the room. It was only 8:35 pm. It'd be oddly early for her to go to bed right now, plus it made her feel uncomfortable sleeping at that hour. So she might as well explore her castle for a bit, also trying to make her tired from loitering. She walked up the stairs, seeing a few maids on the way. The maids asked her what she was doing up.

"I decided to explore a bit. Plus I want to feel tired after a long walk through the castle so I can sleep with ease."

The maids nodded, but then one of them felt worried for some reason.

"She doesn't know of it, right?"
One of them whispered as they watch her walk to the west wing of the castle.

"What do you mean? ...Oh, that."

"I don't think she knows. Don't you think she needs to know? After all, this is her home."

"The King and Queen's orders are always absolute, we must keep it hidden not until she reaches 18."

"Jeez, I feel bad for her..."

"Yeah, she's been living here for her whole life yet she doesn't know much of her home."

"Can't blame her, the place is huge—"

One of them interrupted her when she saw Sucrose walk to the closed double door. It tempted her to go inside due to the exquisite design of the door. It was painted white with gold linings accompanying the color to make it look elegant. The theme of the door suited very well with the interior of the castle.

"Um, your Highness!"
One of the maids called out.

Sucrose turned around.
"What is it?"

"M-my apologies for this but please refrain from entering that room!"

"Why? I've never seen this room before."
Sucrose touched the door knob.

"Oh archons, what do I say?"
One of them turned to the two maids, desperate for an excuse.

"Uh, um.. just say that the room's under construction!"

"Okay! Your Highness, the rooms are in construction. It'd be really a spoiler if you go in because it wouldn't be much of a surprise anymore."

"Hm? Is that so?"
Sucrose rose a brow as she asked, walking back to the three maids.

"Y-yes Your Highness."
All three of them responded, proceeding to bow.

She side-eyed both the maids and the so-called room that was in construction. She didn't hear any hammering inside or loud talk and she was about to question why it was so silent when suddenly, one of the maids answered the question that was written all over her face.