Chapter 34

At 10:55 am...

Sucrose and Xingqiu were waiting inside the ballroom for Eula since it was their first day of practice. While waiting, they chatted for a bit until Eula showed up at the door, pushing both of the doors back with confidence. The two looked at her as she closed the doors back.

"Well, aren't you two eager?"
Eula teased.

Eula made her way down the stairs to come face to face with the Royals.

"No. We're just early."
Xingqiu told.

"Ah, I see. Well then,"
Eula clapped and straightened herself.
"Let's start, shall we?"

They nodded.

"First, I'm going to give you a little introduction about the dance waltz. The dance waltz is a ballroom and folk dance performed in close position. One can perform the waltz even without a ballroom though. And one can find enjoyment in the dance with their partner."

Sucrose glanced at Xingqiu who in return, expected that Xingqiu would look her way too. But he was too focused on the intro of the lesson.

I just know I'll find this uncomfortable, especially with Xingqiu.

"I'm going to be teaching you the basics. But it's going to be one out of the three things I'll be teaching you about the waltz."

"One out of three?"
Sucrose repeated.

"Yes. The first is the Box Step, the second is Close Change, and the last is Natural Turn. We'll do the box step today since it's one of the easiest steps to learn and do in a short amount of time."

"Short amount of time? That's how easy it is?"
Xingqiu asked.

"Yes. Although, it depends on your cooperation when learning these dance moves and how fast you learn them. Anyway,"
She cleared her throat.
"Let's first, let's do some warmups. Not too major. It's just to prepare your legs."

After they did some warmups...

"I'll teach Prince Xingqiu the male's moves first. Princess Sucrose, you may watch it if you want. I highly suggest you should so that you'd know where he'll move so that he won't accidentally step on your feet."

"Alright."

Sucrose moved aside and crossed her arms, watching the two blue-haired people. Sucrose looked and listened attentively as she was going to teach this to Albedo if her mother wasn't available. Eula stood by his side and closed her legs together. Immediately, Xingqiu followed so that she didn't have to carry the burden of her telling him to close his legs.

"Let's dance slowly first since it'll be easier for you to learn as of now. Don't hesitate to tell me which part of the waltz confuses you."

"Mhm."
He nodded.
"Got it."

"Alright. It's called box step for a reason since you're moving your feet to draw a box shape on the floor. You start with your right foot forward—"

Eula placed her right foot forward and Xingqiu did the same. The difference between the two of them placing their feet forward was that Eula set her foot forward smoothly, meanwhile, Xingqiu placed his stiffly and awkwardly.

"Then next you put your left foot to the side,"

Again, Xingqiu shadows Eula's movements. Xingqiu and Eula placed their left foot forward to the left.

"Then you close your right foot to your left foot."

Xingqiu's eyebrows rose a bit as he paid more attention to the movements.