Chapter 19

"BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!!!"

"Sucrose what—"

"SHUT UP! I DON'T WANNA HEAR ANY WORD FROM YOU ANYMORE!"

Sucrose then ran away, crying loudly as her cries echoed in the castle walls. Passing by multiple servants, and even Noelle and Klee who came back from fishing got concerned but mostly confused as to why she was running.

"Sucrose, wait!"
Her mother called.

Then, her mother glared at her husband and growled lowly at him.

"Now look what you've done."

"It isn't my fault!"

"Yes, it is you, idiot! Only you can go and fix it!"

"But-but how?! She won't even talk to me!"

"You have to face her and fix this big problem of yours! Otherwise, it'll only become bigger!"

"But—"

"NOW!"

The King groaned in defeat.
"Fine!"

He then ran after Sucrose who was already outside the city walls by now.

Running with Sucrose...

Sucrose tripped on her shoes at the bridge halfway. She scrapped her right elbow and her stockings. But she scrapped her right knee so hard that the stocking part tore away and got to Sucrose's skin to the point that it was bleeding. The two Knights at the entrance of the city walls noticed Sucrose running and had tripped. They shouted her name in concern.

"Your Highness!"

"S-stay— ugh, away from me!"
She grunted, getting up as she continued to run straightforwardly.

She wiped the little tiny pebbles from her face and ran to Windrise, hoping to hide underneath that huge tree. The pigeons on the bridge glanced over to Sucrose, running in their direction. When Sucrose was near the pigeons, they flew away, out of Sucrose's sight. Their feathers stayed behind, annoying Sucrose and making her pace slow. So she flapped them away with her hands. As she ran more, forcing herself to drag her exhausted self to the field — covering her right elbow with her hand — she ran, not looking behind. With King Lionel, however, he ran outside, ordering every knight he saw to search outside of Mondstadt for Sucrose. He went out of the walls, seeing the two knights guarding the walls agitated.

"You two! Have you seen my daughter!?"

"She went to Windrise!"

Windrise!? Why would she run there? Doesn't she know that there are monsters out there?
He thought.

"Well, what are you two waiting for, an order?! Find my daughter! Now!!"

The two knights scurried hastily and ran towards Windrise.

With Sucrose...

She nearly tripped in the grassy fields. Unfortunately, she accidentally stepped on a small slime area and there spawned two hydro slimes. She gasped quickly, before making a run for it. Luckily for her, the slimes' reaction time was too slow to notice her running. She stopped in her tracks, coughing and gasping for air for her dry mouth. She kept panting, hands on her knees. She took multiple breaths as she tried to stay calm. But she heard so many calls of her name — it sounded so near but in reality, it was very distant. She gasped, looking behind her to see her father and a few other knights with him. They had their lamps on, calling out Sucrose, hoping to get an answer.

"Your Highness!"

"Princess Sucrose? Where are you!"

"Princess! Answer us if you can hear us!"