Chapter 10

Sucrose felt nervous the entire morning. Her knees were weak the entire time she was in the shower. She was in the office alone, wanting to progress with her research but every now and then, her thoughts about her recent nightmare kept flooding her mind. And every time she thought about her nightmare, she shook her head and focused more on her research.

Minutes went on and she started to lose focus on her experiments. She placed the vial back into its holder and held on to the table for support as she pushed her body back and her face focused on her thoughts. She was immersed in her thoughts that she nearly didn't acknowledge Albedo's presence when he entered the office.

"Oh, Sucrose. You're here."
He said in bland surprise, closing the door.

"Ah— y-yeah."

"How's your research going?"

"It's..."
She looked at the ground for a moment, telling herself that she couldn't tell him about her nightmare.
"It's going alright."
She lied.

"Alright? Just that?"
He crossed his arms.

Sucrose gulped to herself, thinking that Albedo could sense something wrong with her.

"Y-yeah, just alright."
She grabbed the vial she once placed down and examined it, making her lie seem more believable.
"I didn't make much progress for today."

"I see. Do you have any issues?"

"Um, no, not really."

"Okay. But I'll help you still with whatever you're struggling with or working on."
He smiled and walked closer to Sucrose.

"Thank you."
She smiled, finally catching the sensation of relief.

With Klee...

Klee didn't want to stay at the castle, lazing around all day. She knew Albedo might be busy so it was best for her not to disturb her. She wasn't in the mood for fishing either. Basically, she was very, very, bored. But maybe a stroll in Mondstadt might take her mind off of things. So, she walked out of the castle, dragging her feet as her feet kicked the cobblestone pathway. Until she saw a grumpy child that had... cat ears and a tail? She was crossing her arms while pouting too. Klee went up to her.

"You look down. What's wrong?"

"WAAAH! You scared me!"
She screamed.

"Sorry! I just saw you alone on this bench. You seem to be sad."

"It's none of your business! Hmph."
She pouted away.

"Oohh... okay..."

Klee walked away in sadness but the cat-like child felt sad that she hurt her feelings. Klee just wanted to talk to her and possibly, become friends with her.

"Wait! Come back!"
The half-human half-cat girl shouted.

Klee turned her head around and then walked back to her.

"Even though daddy said not to open up to strangers... I just need someone to talk to."
She murmured.

"I can be the one to listen!"
Klee suggested as she excitedly sat down beside her.
"Why were you upset?"

"Because daddy keeps on drinking wine and it's that stupid Dawn Winery owner who keeps on ruining everything!"

"My dad likes wine too but I don't know much since big bro told me I shouldn't think much of it not until I'm older."

"How is that going to help me?"
She asked, looking at Klee.

"Well, maybe it's because we can somehow relate to something."