Chapter 16

So this is the person they wanted me to marry? What a disappointment.

Sucrose sighed in disappointment, internally.

"Welcome to the Kingdom of Mondstadt! It's a pleasure for you to be staying here with us. Would you mind if I give you a tour of my castle?"
Sucrose said, putting on her act.

Xingqiu was stunned to think that she looked so nervous but another moment later, she was full of confidence. Even Sucrose's parents were amazed. Sucrose extended put her hand, expecting a handshake. Xingqiu accepted the handshake.

"Of course. I wouldn't mind at all."

"Perfect. Please follow me."

There were crowds of people at the bridge, wanting to see the rumored prince who would marry Sucrose. Fortunately, the guards protected the two of them. Like the paparazzi surrounding a busy celebrity...

"Make way for the princess and prince!"

When the citizens caught a glimpse of Xingqiu, specifically — the women squealed at how charming he looked. I mean, who wouldn't?

"Apologies for the people here. They're such a disturbance in our businesses. So loud.."
Sucrose whispered to Xingqiu.

"It's fine, even the people in my nation fangirl about me."

"I see you're quite famous in both Liyue and Mondstadt."
Sucrose giggled, covering her mouth.

"I haven't asked this but may I know what your name is?"
Xingqiu asked.

"Sucrose. And you're Prince Xingqiu, correct?"

He nodded.

Once they reached the castle, Xingqiu released a small gasp.

"Welcome to my humble abode. Now, let's start with the tour, shall we?"

"Hm."

While the adults entered, Sucrose's father insisted to have a chat in the living room. As Sucrose toured her castle, she bumped into Klee hiding behind a flower pot in the hallway.

"Excuse me, who is she?"
Xingqiu asked in a whisper.

"Klee? Why are you hiding? I told you not to go out of your room, didn't I? We have visitors."

"Yeah, I know... but I wanna be with you. It's so boring to be alone in my room with nothing to do."
Klee answered as she goes out of her hiding spot.

"But there's Noel— oh wait, Noelle has her shift at the Knights of Favonius."

Klee whimpered in sadness until she gasped loudly because of seeing Xingqiu. She hid behind Sucrose, grabbing her clothing.

"Klee, there's no need to be scared."

"W-who are you?"
Klee stammered.

"Haha, hello there little one. My name's Xingqiu. I'm an acquaintance of Princess Sucrose, even though we only just met."
He muttered lastly.
"A pleasure to meet you."
Xingqiu said with a smile to calm the child.

Klee hid further deep behind Sucrose's leg, whimpering softly like a lone puppy.

"I-I think it's best if you don't introduce yourself first. Klee is scared of meeting people at the moment."
Sucrose laughed nervously.

"I see. I understand."

Sucrose kneeled down to eye level so she could talk to Klee properly.

"Klee, stay in my room for a while. It'll be quick, I promise. Okay?"