✔︎ Mark Lee [NCT] | Frenemies

Word count: 2,974
-
Dom: Mark
Sub: Y/n
.
.
.
Requested by: Bobaluvvv

—————
———

He gently placed his warm hand on my frigid back, slowly running it to my shoulders before letting it drift to my side. He gently pulled himself closer to me and left a soft kiss on my neck, in the same spot he left a hickey earlier that night, before whispering; "I'm sorry baby, I'll be back tonight after school and the pool party." Before slowly finding his way out of bed, slipping on his clothes and grabbing his belongings.

I sniffled after hearing the front door close, pulling the blankets up from my lower half and covering the rest of my bare body. I whimpered as I realized it was back to hating one other.

I knew damn well I couldn't do this anymore.. this "enemies to lovers." I cared for him far too much for that. And I respected myself more. I knew what I had to do, to "fix" it all. But it hurt: just the thought of the negative outcome.

*~time skip~*

"Yet another hickey? You need to tell your boyfriend to hide them better." Jisung smirked, making me redden, quickly reaching for the spot that he was mentioning which brought back such vivid memories. I let out a whine before heading to my classroom, waving  with my free hand to the others.

• —————— •

Majority of that day was my friends mentioning the hickey (which pissed me off), and reminders of the pool party tonight. But, without fail, Mark wholeheartedly played into the "enemy" role during lunch period.

• —————— •

"You gonna cry?" Mark taunted, smirking as I picked the lettuce out of my hair. I glared at him before standing up and throwing my, now empty, tray on the ground, pushing his shoulders as a tear threatened to fall.

I simply touched my neck and tilted my head at him, asking "why" with my eyes before backing away and heading towards the bathroom. But as I was about to enter the "woman's restroom", Mark grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the single bathroom instead of the stalls, pulling me closely to his chest. Before I could even find comfort in his hold, I quickly reminded myself why I was about to cry and instead, I smacked his chest and pushed myself away from him before he quickly blocked my way out, locking the door behind us.

"What the fuck do you want?! I'm sick of all this back and fucking forth with you, Mark. I can't do it anymore.." I said, voice slightly raised as I began backing away from him and sliding down the wall, sitting in the corner. "Y/n, I-" He started before I looked at him, running my fingers through my hair, continuing; "I have the time of my life night after night. The way you touch my body? And the way you act and the things you say imply you like it too. But yet, we come to school and you become a fucking dick.. a total fucking asshole to me. What's ACTUALLY your problem? Like, it's getting to the point I cry for a solid two hours when you leave me in the mornings. So what are you expecting out of this, hm?" I stood up, pushing him away as he walked closer to me, "Because it sure as hell isn't my love." I finished strongly.

I stared at him for a moment, waiting for him to say something.. but he didn't. "Wow. Pathetic." I scuffed, looking at how his head hung, eyes welling with tears. "I'll see you at the party." I sighed, unlocking and walking out of the washroom, heading for my car instead of 6th period.

• —————— •

After arriving home and silencing my phone, I undressed myself and laid half naked on my bed, eyes welling by the second. And even though Mark wasn't there, I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of winning... whatever THIS was, so I quickly stopped myself.