3 -part 1

Marinette pov

As I get ready for school, I glance over at the fake painters box. As soon as I got the apartment, I put all of the miraculous in there, including my own. I sigh one more time, and shake my head, clearing my thoughts. I look in the mirror, making sure that I look ok.

I am wearing my signature pigtails, with a blue sweater with a white collar that is tucked in. I am also wearing a white tennis skirt, along with a white bag and white tennis shoes. I sigh, and grab my backpack. As I am about to open the door, I hear a knock, and open it. After I open the door, I realize that it is Peter. I smile and say, "Bonjour M. Peter." He smiles and says, "Hello Miss. Marinette. Do you want to walk to school together? I can introduce you to my friends and show you around if you want."

I nod, and say, "of course."

Once we get there, he continues to walk but I stop in my tracks, looking at the huge school. "Hey, it's okay. c'mon. We have almost all of our classes together and some with my friends. Everyone will love you. It will be fine." I look at him, terrified, but say, "okay. I'm just a little nervous." I'm terrified of it all. What if there is another Lila? Another Chloe? Another Alya, Adrien, and Nino? I can't go through that again. "It's okay. I promise it will be fine after you go in, okay?"

I look at him, and nod, taking a deep breath. I walk forward, shaking a bit, and go into the school with him. I keep my head down, not wanting to attract any attention, and suddenly I see 2 students, a girl and a boy, waving towards Peter. He smiles, and walks us over. He says, "Hey guys." They say hey but then all of there eyes go on me, while my head is hung low and I stare at my shoes. "Hey girlie, who are you?" I look up and see a girl with tan skin and curly dark brown hair look at me, expecting me to answer her question. I sigh, and look up at Peter, not wanting to be made fun of because of my accent. It's different, and I'm not sure if people are okay with different here.

"Mj, Ned, this is Marinette. She moved here on Friday in the apartment across the hall from me." I look up and give a slight smile, and a wave.

Ned whispers, "Does she talk?" I giggle a little, and they look at me. I peep out a quick, "Yes." So then they can't hear my accent. "Yeah, um, she's just shy," Peter says. They nod and continue their conversation, leaving me out of it, which I am grateful for.

Suddenly a loud bell rings, and I sigh, walking next to Peter to go to class. Apparently we all have 1st and 5th period together, along with lunch, so that will be nice. As we enter the class room, I keep my head down, not wanting to attract attention. There is an empty seat next to Peter, so I take it. Mj and Ned sit in front of us, and face forward.

Suddenly the teacher walks in, and says, "Hello everybody! Welcome to English! I want to say, that today, we have a new student." She then points at me, and I can feel all the color drain out of my face. "How about you stand up and introduce yourself." I nod and stand, still looking at my feet. I start, "Umm, hello. My name is Marinette." In that simple sentence, I can feel all eyes on me.

I clear my throat, and the teacher then says, "Well, It is so nice to meet you Miss. Marinette. Where do you come from?" I then say, "I was born in Shanghai, but I was raised in Paris. I was mostly raised by my aunt and uncle, cause my parents are always traveling."

Lies, I think to myself. You sound just like her.

I clear my head from my thoughts and smile shyly again, looking down at my feet. "Ok. Does any one have any questions?" Someone then raises their hand and asks, "Do you know how to speak mandarin?" I shake my no, then another hand. "Can you please say something in French for us?" I say, "Oui." I shrink back into my shell, and sit down.

Peter just slightly chuckles at me for my response, and Ned throws a paper back onto our desk. Peter picks it up, then shows me, and it says,

Didn't know she was French. Did you?

Of course I did. Why do you think she was so quiet this morning?

Idk, maybe she was just shy? It didn't even cross my mind that she speaks the language of love.

I chuckle a little, then go back to focusing on the lesson. Ned looks back, giving Peter a non-serious glare, telling him that I didn't need to know that. Peter just gives an innocent smile and focusses on the teacher too, answering my questions that I might have.

Once lunch finally comes, I sigh, relived to get a break from learning. My first 4 classes are English, Math, French,  then for 4th hour I have A.p. European history. I know it pretty well, which the teacher was surprised about.

I get my lunch, and look at it displeasingly. I sit down next to Peter, as he sits next to his other two friends. I take a small bite of what they call food, then set it back down, not liking the taste. "What's wrong?" He asks, and adds on, "This stuff is the best." I look at him, bewildered by what he just said, then say, "Are you crazy?!? This stuff is so gross compared to my old school."

They look at me as if I'm crazy, and I just shake my head. "You can have it. It is so gross." Peter just laughs then takes it, happily eating it and sharing with the other two at the table. My stomach growls, and I just sigh. Ned looks at me, then says, "I hope you have something descent at home." I look at him then give a slight nod. "I do, but I have work right after school until about 7. So, guess I just won't eat."

They look at me, concerned, then Peter asks, "Where do you work?" I tell him, "Bouquets of pedals." He nods, then continues eating. I sit with them, and we talk and laugh, waiting for the bell to ring.