4

Peter's pov
——————

I wake up the next day and the first thing I do is call Happy. He picks up after a few rings, and says, "Peter, I've told you don't call unless something big is happening." I am still shocked by what Marinette said yesterday, and I need Tony to know.

"Happy. Something big is happening. There is this new girl in my school, uhh, her name is Marinette Dupain- something, and she is from Paris. Apparently they had a villain and super heroes. Tony needs to hear this. He needs to meet her."

I hear Happy sigh, then say, "Fine. I'll tell him that you are stopping by with a friend after school. Sound ok?" I nod, even though he can't see me, and say, "Yeah yeah sounds great. See you then Happy."

----Tiny time skip to when he is walking with Marinette----

"Hey so um Marinette?" I ask, she looks at me and says, "Hm?" I say, "Do you think that you could take the day off of work? There is someone I want you to meet and he wants to meet you. Only if you can of course."

She nods then says, "One day won't hurt. I'll ask if anyone can take my shift." I look at her and she pulls out her phone, texting, then it buzzes after a minute. She smiles and says, "They can! Yeah. I'll just come with you after school." I nod, the nerves setting in, and continue to walk forward.

----After school----

The final bell rings, and within seconds it feels like Marinette is there, waiting for me. "You ready?" She asks, and I nod, going pale. She had turned around at that point, so she didn't see the color of my skin.

We walk, talking a little, then I see Happy waving towards us, leaning against the car. I wave back, and Suddenly Marinette stops in front of me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, her face pale and a scared expression on it. "Peter, are we going with that man? Do you know him?" I walk forward, and nod. I say, "Yeah I know him. He is one of my kinda bosses."

She nods, continuing forward, then asks, "You have a job?" "Yeah. It's for this super rich guy. It's pretty sweet." She nods again, getting to the car.

Happy says, "Hello Miss. I'm Harold, but everyone calls me Happy. It's nice to meet you." She nods, and gets in the car, keeping her head low. I thank Happy, and he gives me a questioning look. I mouth, "She's shy." Then he nods. I get in the car, and Happy begins to drive us towards head quarters; towards Tony.

Once we get there after about 20 minutes of uncomfortable silence from Marinette, no matter what, and small talk with Happy, we make it and get out. Marinette whispers in my ear, "The super rich guy you told me you worked for is Tony Stark, isn't it?" I flush, being caught in the act, and she just shrugs.

Once we get to Tony's quarters, we sit down. Marinette looks around, wondering about everything in the room. Suddenly, the door opens, and you can hear Tony say, "Yeah yeah. I'll be there. Or not. You never know." He turns towards us, claps his hands once, and says, "Hey kid. Been a while, hasn't it? Good to see you. The suit working out okay for you? Need any tweaks or advancements?" He turns his head a little more, and sees Marinette out of the corner of his eye.

"Shoot." He says, freezing in place. "Does she know?" I shake my head no, and he sighs. "Oh well." He walks over to her and holds out his hand. "Hey. Tony Stark. Nice to meet you. And you are?" She stands there, glaring at me, then turns to him and smiles, taking his hand. She peeps out a quick, non-accent, "Marinette." Tony nods then says, "Nice to meet you. So, Peter, what did you want to talk about?"

Suddenly, out of no where, there is a crashing noise and Tony presses his chest, making his suit appear, and Marinette goes into a fighting pose. I ended up jumping, which landed me on the roof. She looks up at me, shocked, and I say, "Crap. Umm, Marinette, I may or may not be an avenger, or Spider-Man." She gets out of her fighting position, then giggles.