30

I wash the ashes down the shower drain, and then get ready. Instead of wearing the long red dress like I did last time, I wear a light blue knee length one, that has off the shoulder sleeves with butterflies and flowers designed on it.

The heels are sliver, and I wear a matching necklace. I put my hair up into a bun, with little butterflies clipped into it. I do my makeup, and make it simple. Natural. I look at myself in the mirror again, and I look normal-ish. Less underweight, less tired.

I make my face smooth, and walk out of my room. I remember that I get to see Tony, and I become excited. I begin to walk faster down the long hall, and rush down the stairs. I see Tony, and I run up to him, giving my father a hug. He hugs me back, and says, "You look amazing." He says, and I hug him tighter, burring my head deeper into his chest.

"I love you." I say, and I hear him slightly gasp, and his heart rate pick up. "I love you too, Marinette." I pull away, and don't allow my self to cry. "What's wrong? You look like you have been through a war." Tony asks, and I slightly laugh. "A story for another time. But, you need to know something. Peter will easily betray anyone who makes a mistake. So, be careful." He gives me a confused look, and I don't say anything else.

Instead, I turn towards Pepper and hug her too. She hugs me back, and says, "I'm glad that you are ok Marinette." I smile at her, and can feel the joy radiate off of the two. I pull away, and we all walk outside. I look around, and see the people that hurt me, and betrayed me. Along with the people that cared for me, and did their best to make me be decent, and allow me some space when I needed it.

I guess the white room was an eye opener, now I know who I can completely trust, and will stay by me, even in my darkest times. The falcon takes a step towards me, and I take one back, closer to Loki, Natasha, and Dr. Strange. He looks at me, and chuckles.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. Why are you scared?" I stare at him, and say, "I honestly don't know." I look down, remembering the pain he brought me when he stabbed my wings in those woods, and when he would come and see me, giving me a cold, hard stare with absolutely no care in his eyes.

I step towards him, keeping my original place. We all make light talk, until Peter gets here. I become tense, and stay on my guard. His aunt leaves, and he comes up to me, smiling and giving me a hug, along with a kiss on the cheek.

I remember his hate stare, and I instantly feel like I betrayed him. I smile at him, and say, "Navy looks good on you Spider-Man. Maybe I should design your next suit and make it that color." He laughs, and grabs my hand.

We continue the conversation, and soon the limos pull up. I get into one, and everyone else gets in too. The same as last time. I feel the nerves begin to start, and I lean into Peter as he has his arm around me. I looks up at him and smile. I say, "I'm sorry." He looks confused, and asks, "Why?"

"I love you. I know it is early for that, but I do. And I know that will just hurt you more for when I have to leave. I can't get pregnant now. I can't live a normal, human life. There will always be a side to me that is untamed, unnatural. And if that side gets out of control..." I stop, thinking about the ashes flowing to the ground.

"I want to apologize now if I ever mess up. Like if I ever hurt, or even kill someone. I don't want to be alone if that happens, and I will need you. Ok?" He nods, and says, "let's live in the now. No rush is needed." I nod, now satisfied with his answer. I'm about to say something else, but then the limousine stops, and we have to get out.

We go into the school after the pictures are taken, and I instantly see Adrien. I do my best so then he doesn't see me, and walk with Peter towards the back wall. We talk for a few minutes, and he leaves to go to the bathroom.

I wait for Lila, who shows up only a minute later. "Hello liar." She says, and I sigh. "Alya talked to you I'm guessing?" She nods, and says, "There is no way that Tony Stark adopted you, and that you have met an avenger. Unlike me."

"Y'know Lila, I'm not gonna put up with your crap anymore. You give out such bs that I don't know how you have anyone. I do know them, and Tony is my father, alright? So, bye and see you never again." She gives me a death glare, and walks away. I sigh, and someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around and see Peter, and smile at him.

"Care for a dance?" He asks, and I nod, heading towards the middle of the floor and holding his hand. "I promise that if you ever make a mistake, I'll forgive you. But you will have to give me some time, based on how bad it is." He says, and I smile as we gently sway.

"Ok. Sounds fair. I promise I will forgive you. Might take time too but we have forever." He smiles, and gently kisses my forehead. Someone taps me on the shoulder, and I turn around, seeing Adrien. "Hello." I say, keeping my voice light and cheerful even though I know he plans on stabbing me in a few minutes.

"Can I dance with you? I just want to talk." I look towards Peter, and give a slight nod. I kiss him on the cheek, and he walks away, going towards the snack table. I begin to sway with Adrien, and keep my emotions in check so then the knife doesn't puncture me.

"I know." He says. I smile and say in a deadly low voice, "I know you do. But if you tell anyone then we will have a problem Mr. Agreste." He looks at me, keeping his expression light but his voice threatening. "I want my ring back then we won't have a problem."

"I destroyed it. I had to. In order to keep half of the universe alive. But it's ok, because all of the other ones are gone too." He narrows his eyes, and continues to look at me.

"Well, then you are going to have to get me that power back." "I don't think so. They are all gone. The Miraculous no longer exist. Only their essence." "I guess we have a problem then. I will find a way to get it back, starting by killing you."

He pulls his hand away from my hip for a second, and I feel a small poke in my side. I look down, and my dress has a hole in it, and a bent knife is in Adrien's hands. "You can't hurt me. I'm in a good place. It is impossible Adrien. Besides, do you really think that my father, the Tony Stark, would leave me unprotected? You fool." I pull away, and say, "goodbye Adrien. I hope I never see you again."

I walk away, and Peter, Tony, and Natasha follow. "Is everything alright?" Tony asks, and I nod. "He tried to stab me, but couldn't. He just ripped my dress. It will be fine." I walk in the empty hallway, and wave my hand over the blue fabric, instantly fixing it. "See? Good as new."

"But that still doesn't mean that he didn't try to hurt you." Peter says, and I look up at him. "But he can't. I'm untouchable. It's ok." I let out a small giggle, but suddenly there is a loud scream from the other room. I instantly begin to run at full speed; surprisingly faster than I thought possibly. The same speed I used while looking for Tony.

I run into the gym, and the first thing I see is Pepper with a knife in her chest, surrounded by blood and head her heart slowing down.