Away

Author's pov

Gautam looked at shiva who was attention a customer, it felt like his shiva was present there physically and mentally he was there not at all..
He was not the same shiva anymore , he doesn't talk , he doesn't even smile , neither he gets angry..

Since he has came back he is blank completely blank , void to anykind of emotions...
He has became more thinner now and there were buries in his hands and legs, and one even on his forehead..

Surely everyone asked him how he got that but as usual shiva gave them no genuine answer...

It pained his heart to see his child his brother like this but he was happy that finally shiva was back and wont go anywhere.

Flashback

There are times when you wish to go back in past and change some events or stop something from happening, but you can't..
What's done is done and no matter how much one tries to rectify those things , the truth is it can never be changed..
Because if one could change their past, gautam would be the first one to do that..
He would go back to the date when everything changed , when things broke loose , when he lost his families happiness...

The same pandya house that would always carry a happiness around it now held no life , it was lifeless and so were its people.

8 months its been 8 months since everything changed , since things broke loose..
8 months since he has last seen his brother..

Gautam walked into shiva's room only to welcomed by the silence that he has been receiving from past 8 months..
He walked in further and looked at the photo of shiva and raavi , his eyes held tears seeing how happy they both looked together and how he wished he could again bring back the happiness in their life as well as the family...

No body was normal in these 8 months , neither dhara nor rishita nor dev nor krish nor suman and neither gautam himself...

Everything has changed or to be precised everyone has changed
Be it suman who now spends most of her time in her room looking at the picture of shiva and raavi
Or dhara who has lost the smile of her face
Or rishita who was even through trying to be happy fro her child , but inside she too.was sad
Or dev and krish who have lost the charm from their face..

They all felt void inside them..

How much gautam wished he could bring his brother back..
He still remembered the day clearly when shiva came to him just to say that he is leaving , and that he doesn't know when he is gonna come back..
He asked gaumbi to promise him that he won't search for him..

Gaumbi still doesn't know where he is or how he is..
once a months shiva calls him just to inform him that he is still alive and just about everyone's health..
Even though its been 8 months gautam could feel the brokenness in his voice..

Gautam was still in his thought when he felt his phone ringing , he looked at it only to see mama calling ,

Gautam picked the call
Gautam- mama
Jagat- shiva ka koi call aaya
Gautam- nhi mama aabhi tk nhi aaya ha..
( this month was about to end and still gautam has not received any call from shiva , which tensed him as he could usually call by 25th of every months but this time he didn't call and gautam was very tensed about it )
Jagat went silent hearing gautam's answer
Gautam- raavi kaisi ha
Jagati - bas zinda ha , gautam please kuch kar mujhse nhi dekha jaa rha ha apni baachi ka ye dard..
Chalti phirti lash ban gai ha bas...

Gautam still hearing that , he could never imagine raavi being in the state she and it pained his heart to know that he could do nothing about that..