21. Operation: Get Jeanie a Date!

...Operation what?!

"Wait... h-hold on!" I stammered. "What the hell's going on?"

"What do you think, silly?" Algerie said. "We're going to get you a date!"

"N-Now?!" I beckoned.

"Of course," Richelieu said, smiling. "Why not?"

"Better earlier than later too," Dunkerque said. "Lest he make plans with someone else."

What the...? Wha...? Wait! Everything's moving too fast!

"H-How did you know he was gonna be here?!!" I barked.

Algerie grinned. "...because I told him to come."

"What?! When did you—?"

...wait a minute...

"That's why you were on your phone!" I said.

Algerie giggled. "Guilty as charged."

"But Dunkerque and Richelieu were also... oh God... you three planned this all along, didn't you!"

Algerie shrugged. "...maybe."

"Well, in all fairness, it was rather spur-of-the-moment too," Dunkerque said.

"Half and half," Richelieu said. "All thanks to Algerie's quick thinking."

Algerie flipped her hair and smugly curtseyed.

I knew something was up!!!

"Richelieu, stay here and wait for our signal. Dunkerque and Jeanie are with me," Algerie said. "All clear?"

Richelieu and Dunkerque nodded.

"Wait... what the hell—?"

"Alright, ladies! It's showtime!" Algerie said, ignoring me.

"Hold on!" I pleaded. "Am I mute?!"

"I'll get his attention," Dunkerque said.

"Wait, Dunkerque! Don't—!"

"Bonjour, Commandant~!"

No!!!

Damn it, he heard her too! Ack! He's looking this way! D-Did he see me?! What the hell is going on?!?!!

"C'mon, Jeanie! The commander awaits!" Algerie said, standing up and nudging me.

"Wha—A-Algerie! Ya can't just spring this on me!" I said. "I-I'm not ready!"

"I have a hunch that you never will be," Algerie said. "Therefore, the best way to handle this is to jump right into the fray!"

Algerie grabbed my arm.

"Gah! L-Let go!" I protested.

"Jeanie, you're not getting out of this," Algerie said.

I desperately looked at Richelieu. She only sipped her tea, ignoring the "please help me" look I was giving her. Of course. Why would she? She's in on it.

"B-But I don't even have makeup on!" I pleaded. "Or perfume! I didn't do much with my hair either!"

"You look perfectly fine," Algerie said.

"Honestly, Jeanie, you don't give your natural beauty enough credit," Richelieu commented.

"B-But I don't even know what to say to him!" I cried.

"Just improvise," Algerie said.

"Improvise?!?!!" I pleaded. "I can't just—! Wh-What if—?!!"

"Oh, for God's sake, Jeanie! Come on!"