way out

"Where to?" You questioned as you followed behind him.

"Where would you like to go?" he asked.

"I don't know...you pick," you groaned as you walked into the busy sidewalk with him.

"Okay," he replied.

You followed him to his car in the parking deck. You got in and watched him pull off.

"So, where are we going?" You asked.

"To get food," he replied blankly.

You realized it was the evening now and he pulled out a blunt from his pocket and lit it while driving. He started picking up speed and you could hear the engine roaring as he drove through the darkening city.

"How far is it?" You questioned.

"Just be patient, we'll be there soon," he replied. After ten minutes had passed he pulled into a corner between two buildings.

"This doesn't look like a restaurant to me," you muttered.

"I promise I just have something quick to handle, we will go eat right after," he assured as he closed the door.

You sighed as you waited for him in the car. You were at the end of an alley of two buildings and Eren had walked around the car down into the alley. You couldn't see much since it started getting dark.

You could only hear the arguing that was happening. For some reason at this very moment is when everything hit you, you'd been living with a man of killing. You'd never seen him do anything remotely "legal" and it was finally dawning upon you.

You heard the sounds of repeated shouts and hitting. You saw him walk back to the car with furrowed brows and fist clenched. He slammed the car door as he got back and you saw his slightly bloody fist.

"I don't want to go out for dinner, can you just order room service instead...please?" You questioned.

"Oh...yeah. Something wrong?" He asked while starting to drive.

"No...just tired now,"  You assured.

You were lying, you were just a bit confused with where your morals lied. He drove back to the hotel and you were silent the entire ride, he gave you a couple of glances but didn't say anything.

You walked into the hotel lobby and towards the elevator while he followed behind you.

"Are you sure something isn't wrong? You're quieter than usual," he interrupted in the hallway.

"I just think I'm tired...that's all," you replied while glancing at his fist quickly.

He nodded slowly as you opened the door and walked in.

"I get it. I'm not your ideal "roommate"," he stated.

You were silent with his response and set your jacket down.

"Are you scared of me by chance?" He asked.

You stopped completely and froze in your spot by the couch. You could feel him staring you down behind you.

"I don't know... I'm-"

"Be honest. Don't lie to me because I know you know what you want," he replied.

"I think you handle things how you are used to getting them done. I don't agree with your judgment of...violence," You replied.

"Then look at me," he demanded.

You turned around and he was staring at you.

"You can't be roommates with someone you don't trust, so I need you to trust that your life doesn't just rest in my hands. I'm willing to protect your life as well," he informed.

"But I don't understand why," you replied.

"Because despite you being an asshole I don't particularly hate you either," he joked.

You tried not to laugh because it was the other way around. You looked at him and he grinned at you while turning to walk to the bathroom.

"I don't hate you either Eren," you joked while he closed the door.

"Aw don't make me blush!" He teased.

You changed into your pajamas while he changed as well. You sat on the couch until he came out as well.

"We should watch a movie," you suggested.

"Right now? It's late and I have a phone call to make," he pleaded.

"Yeah and I don't care, come on," you demanded.

He sighed and sat next to you while you put something on to watch. You two didn't speak that much but halfway through the movie, you felt yourself getting tired. You fell asleep on his shoulder obnoxiously while he was on the phone.

"Yeah- hold on. We can finish this discussion later," he expressed on the phone.

He groaned in annoyance and picked you up while wrapping your arms around his neck again. He placed you in the bed and turned the lights off to go to sleep as well.

He laid next to you with your backs facing each other as you slept until the morning. When you woke up you noticed he was gone, it was closer to the afternoon than morning but you were still confused.

As you got up you heard the door open. Eren entered in a suit and his hair slicked back into a bun.

"Where we're you?" You asked.

"Out...meetings. Are you ready?" He questioned.

"Ready for what? Are we leaving?"

"Yeah, let's go," he demanded.

You followed behind him and walked into the elevator. Once again it was a bit crowded and he stood behind you closely. There was another man who kept eyeing you while he stood next to another woman.

The guy gave you a couple of glances while the woman stared at the man with a nasty look. You felt Eren place his hands on your waist and pull you closer to him, you looked back and saw his blank face after eyeing the guy.

The elevator rang and you both got out. He walked infront of you and led you out of the hotel to his car. He drove you back to his house and as you approached you noticed the gates of his home had two guards in the front unlike before.

He pulled up to the gates that opened as he waved his hand and parked in the driveway.

"Annie!" You shouted excitedly as you saw her at the front door.

You got out and rushed to hug her tightly.

"Surprise! I'm not dead," she joked as you hugged her.

"I'm surprised you and Eren didn't murder each other," Yelena blurted at the door.

"We have an understanding of each other now,"