again

EREN POV:

"You should act like it then. Ever since that meeting with Pieck you've just been really off..." Annie muttered.

I froze. She can't know and nobody else can, what happened remains within me and only me.

"You're not moving. What did she say to you Eren?" Annie stopped me as she walked past.

"Just drop it Annie...it's the best for all of us. Trust my judgment..." I replied.

"Like hell, I will! Is Pieck the one who sent Y/N that fucking dress?! How the hell does she even know that Y/N and I even exist?!" She shouted.

"I said drop it!" I snapped.

"You're full of shit, there's no fucking way this is for a good reason. You just want a bullshit excuse to avoid confrontation, admit it Eren. You love her," she stated.

"My feelings serve no purpose in this conversation,"

"Is that your cowardly way of admitting that you do?"

"No,"

Y/N POV:

You needed a healthy distraction. You contemplated on what to do as you drove back home and the only thing you could come up with is to distract yourself with Zeke.

You didn't have a 100% goal as to why you wanted to find him besides hanging him over to Eren but you'd figure that out when the time came.

You wouldn't allow yourself to be butt hurt over what happened but instead, adapt and learn to be okay with the situation. You slept on your thoughts that night and how you should approach things.

The next morning felt heavier and draining than usual. You walked out to the kitchen and ate something for breakfast while sitting in silence.

You got ready for the day and it came upon you that you didn't know who sent you that dress still.

You figured Annie gave you the jacket last night to hide the hickies on your neck that she knew weren't from Eren. You didn't regret your decision to not sleep with Jean and he seemed fine with it anyway.

You needed to talk to Annie again but you didn't want to run into Eren. You texted her beforehand and she said that he wasn't home so you came over. Before leaving you grabbed the jacket she gave you and rushed down to your car.

Locking the door behind you, you got in your car and drove off to Annie. She opened the front door for you once you parked and got inside.

"There's something I need to tell you," She whispered.

"Why are you whispering?"

"I can't say it here, I don't know if Eren has bugs around the house because he's a lunatic..."

"Annie, why don't you just live with me? I have a spare room," You suggested.

"Really? We'd have to leave now I don't feel like dealing with Eren...he's been...weird," she muttered.

"Yeah, that's fine,"

"Alright I'll have someone send my stuff over," she stated as you both walked out the door.

"Can I ask you something that may be a little...personal?" She asked as you walked to your car.

"Of course...what is it?"

"Why did you tell Eren you loved him? I get the feeling you did it for more of a spiteful reason," she suggested.

"You're correct...I only told him so that he'd feel like shit. I originally hadn't planned it to go that way but he told me not to say it so I wanted to tell him so that he'd feel what I felt," you stated as you pulled out the driveway.

"That's harsh...I don't blame you though. Somethings not right with him after his meeting with Pieck," she stated.

"I'll look into her,"

"Men are useless anyway," Annie muttered as she looked out the window.

"Trouble in paradise with Armin?" You joked.

"I guess, he's so damn determined and of course he and Eren agree on almost everything. Yelena minds her business, to be honest with you," she informed.

You dropped Annie off and led her to your place while opening the door.

"Your room is down that hall on the left," you informed.

"Thanks, Y/N," she replied while walking to her room.

Something dawned upon you as she closed the door to her new room. You wanted Eren to love you as much as you enjoyed and loved him. Why were you always the giver but never the receiver?

It was a matter of things that needed to be put into perspective for you. You walked to your computer and looked for Pieck's name in any list of Zeke's partners that he worked with.

You found her at the end of the list and any other information gathered about her but as you say back and looked at the screen you noticed a reflection in the computer. Why were you doing this? All this work for what?

Was it to prove something to yourself...or maybe it was for Eren. You despised the idea of you doing anything in his favor. You wanted to be your own person but you were struggling with the idea of letting him go to truly be one again.

"Is something wrong?"  Annie interrupted.

"No...I'm fine. I was just thinking," you replied nervously.

You missed him. You missed his touch and maybe even when he took you out to get ice cream and held your hand. Or was it the way he opened the car door for you, the way he stared at you with nothing but desire to know more in his eyes?

"You miss him," Annie blurted as she sat next to you on the couch.

"I don't know what I should do, I find that my moral compass and overall goal has...shifted," you stated.

"Because of Eren? Well, that's certainly a feeling," she replied.

"Is it so bad to want him even though I can't have him? I just want it to stop for a moment so I can gather the time to catch up," you expressed.

Annie suddenly got a phone call that she answered as you laid your head on her shoulder and she stroked your hair softly.

"Mhm...what do you mean by that Armin?!" She asked angrily.

"Oh my god...he what?!"