slow movement

SONG REC: Je te laisserai des mots-Patrick Watson

"What's happening?" You asked nervously.

"Armin says that Erens missing, he won't answer his calls nor has he come home after last night," she stated.

"I'm gonna go help Armin look for him. You stay here I'll be back with updates as soon as I can," she stated as she rushed out of your place.

You sat on your couch for 10 minutes trying to keep your composure. Freaking out would serve no benefit so you just stood up and walked to close the front door that Annie forgot to close all the way.

As you closed the door you felt it being stopped with someone's foot blocking it. You peaked on the side and Eren pushed the door open causing you to step back.

"Eren...? Armin just called Annie saying you were"

"I told him to tell her that so I could talk to you alone," he blurted as he stood infront of you.

"But how did you even know she was here?!"

"I have cameras inside my house Y/N. That's not what I came to talk to you about," he stated as you stood infront of each other at the door.

"What is it Eren?"

"I have to disappear for a while...I have to leave you," he stated.

You were frozen at that moment as he stared at you.

He approached you slowly and whispered in your ear.

"I love you, baby. That's why I'm doing this...it's for your own good," he whispered in your ear and brushed his hand against your necklace that he'd given you.

"Don't tell me it's for my own good Eren...I wanted you to live for me. Why can't you do something that's human nature?" You replied.

You didn't know how to react except to feel his warmth against your skin. He kissed your forehead and gave you the weakest smiled you'd ever seen and left.

Disappeared from your life completely. He walked out that door leaving you completely silent. There was no explanation or even words to describe the amount of emptiness he left you with.

Why?

There wasn't anything else you could do for him. He'd disappointed you in a way beyond words because in your time together all you asked is for him to stay with you. But you got what you wanted right? He told you he loved you...but at what cost?

You stood in the position at the door for quite some time. You were lost in the moment and taken back by what to do next.

You decided it was best to sleep. Sleep until you couldn't feel how you felt anymore, sleep seemed to stop all emotion and that's what you needed most.

You got into bed with the sun still out and you slept until the sky was pitch black.

EREN POV:

I miss the feeling of only caring about myself. Maybe I'll come back from this hoping Y/N hates me so I will no longer live with the burden of hating myself.

Maybe that was selfish of me. Everything I'm doing comes across as selfish but when the time comes I'll prove my innocence, I just didn't know my plans would mix with her emotions as they did.

"I've did it Pieck. The businesses are signed off on already," I stated to her

"Good. I'm good we can see eye to eye on this," she replied.

"Keep up your end of the deal Pieck. I gave you my assets, leave Y/N out of this. Her safety is and always has been my top priority," I demanded.

"Good to know you care for someone other than yourself for once," she replied.

"Pieck,"

"I will, I will. She looked wonderful in the dress I sent though, don't you think?" She teased.

"6 months Jaeger...6 months," she stated as I closed the door behind me.

I turned around and walked back out of the building to my car. I changed her life but I'm not sure it was for the best.

I pulled off and started driving outside the city. I know Zeke will be back within my disappearance so this will help out the others with finding him.

Y/N POV:

"Y/N? Wake up...you've been asleep since I left," Annie interrupted at your bedside.

"We can't find Eren..."

"I know," you replied.

"What?"

"He's gone. I don't think he's coming back either Annie," you muttered.

She gave you a saddening look before getting up to leave you be. You'd eventually get over yourself because the feeling of vulnerability disgusted you.

He'd changed your life very quickly and left it just as fast as he came you. Maybe within a couple of days or so that sadness had turned into anger. You hadn't found the energy to leave your bed after that night, you stayed in bed for a while.

After laying in bed for that night and moving onto the next day you hated it. You despised him in a way almost, hating him was far easier than loving a man who couldn't express his love.

He left you and you needed to come to grips with that mentally. Whether it was for whatever cause he still chose the hurtful way out rather than coming up with a plan or even allowing discussion about what he'd done.

You wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but you could only hold onto that sliver of hope for so long. As he said, you were a victim of his love.

It was the end of the week and you and Annie were sitting at the table eating lunch.

"How have you been holding up? Armin and Yelena have been searching for him still," Annie informed.

"I'm fine, you don't need to continue to look for him. I appreciate you, truly but looking for a man who doesn't want to be found isn't rational," you stated while eating.

"How are you fine? You can be honest with me Y/N...it's only been 4 days. You need to give yourself time to grieve," she stated.

"Regrets serve no purpose. He left me, that's that,"

"Yeah but you love him, right? Is it so bad to feel sad or upset?" She asked.

"I'd just like to move in with my life Annie,"

"Alright...I'm shocked at how quickly you've pulled yourself together Y/N," she stated.

"Maybe he left in my favor, we just missed our moment I guess. Anyway, Onyankopon said he'd get Yelena to help him narrow down Zeke's location since he's back in town," you informed.

"That's good, I'll meet up with Armin later and get together with them to help out. In the meantime you should check out your owned buildings to make sure income is well," she suggested.

"Thanks, I forgot about that. I'll see you later?" You asked.

"Definitely, I may be home late tonight," she informed.

"Alright," you stated while getting up to leave.

Annie grabbed her keys and left as well and once she shut the door you leaned over the counter to grab something. As you leaned over you felt your necklace come untucked from the shirt that Eren had given you.

You thought of taking it off...countless times but something told you not to. Despite how you tried to avoid your feelings the necklace was a reminder of what you had...what you two could've been.

You missed him. You thought pretending as if you didn't miss him would help but everything seemed to feel like a constant reminder. You wondered if you should take the time to search for him but just as you told Annie it was hopeless.