getting hot

You drove out to the address in the central city. You followed all the other cars and didn't feel like waiting to park so you parked a building down from the main area. As you got out you leaned back in the car to grab something and a voice interrupted you.

"Glad you could make it," Jean blurted.

You turned back and smiled lightly. You saw him standing in a navy blue tux with dress shoes and his hair slicked revealing a bit of his mullet. There was no doubt Jean was beyond attractive.

"Good to see you too!"

You walked next to him as you entered the building. Gold themed with bright lights everywhere and men in suits opened the door for you both.

You were both making small talk and he wasn't all that boring as you expected. It was just a casual connections party so you two talked for quite some time.

"I thought you said they weren't together anymore?" He blurted as he stood with complimentary champagne.

"Who? What do you mean?" You asked as you stopped mid laughter.

"Them," he lifted his finger with his glass and pointed across the room to Mikasa and Eren who were standing next to each other closely.

"I didn't even know they knew each other until you told me, I assume they're just catching up so it doesn't really matter," you replied with a nervous laugh as you looked back at him.

"That's good, I was worried you and Eren were together," he suggested.

"Well, I guess you wouldn't say we're together but...would that be a problem...?" You asked nervously.

"Certainly. I've taken an interest in you Y/N," he whispered in your ear.

What Annie had said replayed in your mind for a moment. You wanted to get that information and Jean seemed to be the key to that door.

"Do you know anything about a guy named Zeke Jaeger?" You blurted.

He chuckled before sipping from his glass and looking at you.

"Maybe, tell me something I might like to hear and I may tell you what I know," he suggested.

You stared at him blankly, thinking of something to say.

"I'm kidding, yeah I know him. Why?" He asked.

"I'll ask you when we're in another setting. It doesn't seem appropriate here," you replied while moving forward to him.

"Fair. If I tell you, you have to let me take you on a date though," he stated while drinking again.

"Deal," you replied with a smile.

"What's a deal? And what the hell are you doing here with him?" Eren interrupted.

"Where the hell did you come from? I didn't even hear you approach..." you replied as you turned to face Eren.

He stood in a classic black and white suit that fit his frame well with his hair slicked back into a bun.

"Ya'know, she could ask you the same thing Eren. Returning to an old flame? Hoping to spark up some feelings with Mikasa hmm?" Jean asked with a laugh.

"You don't know shit about Mikasa and I's relationship, keep your nose out of it. Y/N why are you here?" He asked sternly.

"I don't have to tell you anything, I don't understand why you don't get that. Do you lack rational thought when you're with Mikasa?" You muttered.

"Leave her out of it. We're not together Y/N," he replied.

"I don't really care, when have you ever been completely honest with me either? Let's keep this civil Eren...it's fair game," you teased.

You walked around him hoping to get another drink but he grabbed your arm and Jean walked away.

"I don't know what the hell he told you but he's lying. He doesn't know anything," Eren whispered angrily.

You sighed and moved to Eren's ear just barely away from his neck.

"I don't know when you assumed you were allowed to talk to me like this but that ends here. We'll talk when you're competent enough to register what I'm saying..." you whispered as you pressed your lips against his neck...teasing him.

You pushed his hand off of you and walked away angrily. You took another sip from your drinks as you felt your mood being ruined.

You talked with a couple of people you'd never seen before, you were just making connections but you felt Eren eyeing you from the bar.

It started to get too annoying for you to deal with. You approached him and grabbed him by his hand, you dragged him into the hall nobody was standing in and had him again the wall.

"Either you say what you need to say now or leave me the hell alone. Honestly, I'm so tired of you and your confusing ass signals so say it now or be quiet," you snapped angrily.

"I'm not together with Mikasa. What she and I had was just sex," he blurted as you stared at each other.

"That doesn't seem much different from us either Eren! What the hell is it that we have then?!" You snapped.

SONG REC:
Duvet-Bôa

"You're upset. We're going to talk about this somewhere else," he demanded as he dragged your hand and pulled you to his car.

You sat in the passenger seat next to him and you waited for him to say something.

"Spit it out already Eren. Just be honest with me," you blurted.

"I don't know." He stated.

"Yes you do...just say it. Please," you pleaded.

You felt the lack of desire pouring out of him without him saying anything.

You were sitting in the car together in complete silence.

"Eren...I lo-"

"Please don't tell me you love me." He interrupted while looking down at his hands.

There was a shock silence between the two of you and that vulnerability you felt for him completely faded away.

"No. I am going to say it because you deserve to feel how I feel...you're doing all this to me Eren. You should knower the feeling that you had something yet you still denied it."

"I love you and I'm so fucking tired of wanting more...I want more from you but you can't give that to me," you replied.

"I can't provide anything for you aside protection...that's all I'm here for baby,"

"Don't you dare call me that! You don't have the privilege of using that title towards me...I hate you and the way you make me feel," you moved out of the seat and opened the car door.

"You don't mean that..." Eren whispered.

You slammed the door closed and walked back to your car. You didn't hate him, you loved him so much that you hated the feeling of loving him. A childish response to a childish situation.

EREN POV:

I grabbed my phone and leaned my head against the car window.

"Yeah, it's me. I did it,"