Chapter 1 : First day of school (re-released)

Hi, so this is my first time to write a book and I am so excited to publish a book to you guys!
I also want to let you guys know that this is teenage romance and is Pg- 13, it contains swearing. I am open to any suggestions that any of you may have. BE AWARE: I'm still in school and am still learning about correct punctuation and grammar skills. My writing may affect the story a little. I hope you enjoy it.

---------------------
June POV

"June, it's time to get ready for school!" My mum yelled from downstairs. Along with my alarm blasting next to my ear.

Groaning, I slammed the button to stop the torturous sound ringing in my ears. Slowly I dragged myself out of bed and got dressed in my favorite buttoned green shirt, tucked in my gray pencil skirt and my black glasses. Once I was finished getting dressed, I quickly bobby pinned my thick blonde curls into a decent bun.

The first day of school was never my favorite...nor was the day after that, or the one after that, actually I didn't really like school. I didn't fit in my classes, being the shy nerd I am. I'm usually multiple bullies' main target when it comes to making themselves feel better seeing as I was defenseless. I didn't fight back when I needed to nor did I know how to.

"Good morning! How was your sleep?" My mum asked smiling brightly, while washing the dishes from last night's spaghetti. "It was great I wrestled a tiger in my dreams almost being eaten to death ," I said sarcastically while shoving a spoonful of Cocoa Puffs in my mouth.

She turned around shooting me an amused look and I couldn't help but snicker. I looked down and glanced at the pool of chocolate milk left over from my cereal that sat in front of me then proceeded to lift the chocolate milk to my lips.

I always had a good relationship with my mother. I didn't have to, I could of been just like every other 17 year old that ignores their parents, but that wasn't who I was, I wasn't like every other teenager. My Mum is the only parent I've had ever since my father left us when I was born. So, she was my only emotional support I had and I needed her even more after I lost my older brother, Mason in a car accident only a year ago. I was a wreck after he passed away and it took me month's to help get past my grieving stage.

I was still experiencing nightmares of the car accident I was in with my brother but I chose not to tell my mom, she worried enough about my sister, Angie. I didn't want to be another variable for her to worry about. I've been through a lot in such a short lifetime but having my mum by my side helped me move on. She taught me to live for him and be the best version of myself I could be. My mother and I later developed a stronger relationship after some events occurred.

She sighed and looked up the stairs, "Can you do me a favor and go wake up your sister for school?"

"Sure mum," I replied rolling myself off my chair. Jogging upstairs I mumbled, "Why can't 'sleeping beauty' buy herself an alarm clock?" She always had to rely on either my mum or I to wake her up and frankly, I didn't want to be part of Angie's morning routine anymore. She's in high school for goodness sake! She needs to grow up, she's not seven anymore and I'm not her second mother. I pushed the door open to her room and yelled.

"Hey, it's time to get your ass out of bed and get ready for school!"
She peeked from under the covers and scowled. "Like hell I care, the first day doesn't really matter, they only review what the semester is gonna be like," she said while pulling the sheets back over her head.

I rolled my eyes, done with the shitty excuses she was making up these days and went downstairs, "Hey mum she won't get up."
She gave a bitter sigh and quietly thanked me. "Well get going, you don't want to be late."