Chapter 16: Or Maybe That's What You Want To Believe

June's POV

I was in the Buggy as Sarah was driving. Stephanie was sitting right next to her. I was sitting in the back singing along with my girls, a thousand miles by Vanessa Carlton. When the song ended Sarah switched to another station. "So what are we going to do over your house?" Stephanie asked. "Well we're going to hang out. Is there something else you want to do?" "Nah we're good" Sarah said. We arrived at my house and I got out of the car. I unlocked the house door and walked inside. Stephanie and Sarah walked in afterwards. I stopped and saw Angie, Amanda and SOPHIA. "Shit" I cussed under my breath. Sophia's eyes met mine and she smirked. Sophia turned to Angie and asked, "Hey what is this Whore doing here?" Why does my sister have to be friends with Sophia? Why did it have to be fucking her? I crossed my arms, annoyed with her. "Hey guess what dumbass? I live here too, or did you forget that?" I said and gave her a look. She gave me a disgusted face and I rolled my eyes. Sarah and Stephanie walked into the living room and stopped right next to me. "What are they doing here?" Sarah whispered to me. "I don't know" I whispered back. I motioned Stephanie and Sarah to follow me upstairs. We went into my room and I threw myself on my bed. I groaned. The girls sat on the other side of the bed. "You know, sometimes I forget your sister is popular" Sarah said. I sat up on my bed. "It's not fun you know? Every now and then Angie brings home either Sophia and Amanda or a fuck boy that I have to deal with it for at least a week. Like do you have any siblings that are worse than mine?" I asked. "No I just have one little annoying brother that's nine years old" Stephanie said. "I have a sweet little sister that's eight years old and a brother that's nine years old" Sarah said happily. "Well isn't your life just perfect" I said sarcastically. "No I have watch these two monkeys all the time. My Mom and Dad don't come home until 11:00pm. I can't leave my siblings for even a second before they do something stupid" Sarah said and rolled her eyes. I laughed a little. "When are the boys coming over?" Stephanie asked. "They come at around 7pm." "Okay" Stephanie said. "So I saw Nick leave school early" Sarah said. I turned to face her. "Do you know why?" She shook her head. "No idea, but Nick looked pretty pissed off though." "Do you have any idea where he went?" I asked. Sarah shrugged her shoulders. "I guessing he went home." "Wait he ditched this afternoon?" "Yeah" Sarah said. "Does he always ditch school when he's angry?" I asked. Stephanie rested her chin in her hand and looked me in the eye. "You know you ask a lot of questions about him when you told us you guys were just friends." "I'm just simply curious about him, is it bad to be?" Stephanie shook her head. "No, but you know you've been talking alot about him lately." I frowned. "No I haven't." Sarah and Stephanie laughed at me. "Yes you have!" "Whatever" I said trying go end this conversation. But Sarah and Stephanie wouldn't let it go. "Has anything new happened with you and him?" Sarah asked. After she said that something did pop up in my mind. It was the memory of when Nick hugged me. I smiled a little. Stephanie pointed at me. Making me jump. "Ha! I knew something happened!" Stephanie said and giggled. "What? No!" I said in denial waving my hands. "Soo what happened?" Sarah asked pushing me for answers. "Nothing" I said quietly and averted their gaze. "Come on June, please tell us!" Stephanie pleaded. I crossed my arms. "Fine, he hugged me once and he drives me to school everyday." Sarah's eyes widened. "What?!? He hugged you?" I nodded my head bashfully. Sarah and Stephanie jumped up and down and squealed. "Shh..." I said and brought my finger to my lips. "Angie and the girls will hear you. Anyway what's the big deal he just hugged me." "He's interested in you" Stephanie said. "No guys he sees me as a nerd and nothing else. Plus he only felt sorry for me when I told him about myself and my past. That's why he hugged me." "Maybe... or that's just what you want to believe" Sarah said quietly.