Chapter 8: Protection

June's POV

I walked into the classroom and everyone looked at me. "Well well well look who it is if it isn't the slut" Sophia said. I ignored her and looked around and caught Nick motioning me over. I walked past her but Sophia ran over and grabbed my arm. "Where are you going Slut?" "Let me go" I mumured enough for her to hear me and tugged my arm trying to get free myself from her hold. She continued to hold my arm and tilted her head back laughing. "And what if I don't?" Nick stood up from his chair. "She said to let her go" Nick said clenching his jaw. "Oh no Mr. Wonder is mad! What am I going to do?" Sophia said in a sarcastic tone. "Let her go or I will fucking beat you to pulp." "No." Nick walked up and ripped Sophia off me. He put me behind him. Nick was about to go beat her up. But I ran up and pulled his arm and shook my head. "Nick no" I said. He sighed and went back to his seat. I sat right next to him and I saw him clenching his fists. I gently placed my hands on his fists. Sophia looked at me and gave me a nasty smirk and I gave her the meanest glare I could muster. Sophia looked away and I looked back at Nick's hands. He looked up at me and his hands relaxed. I removed my hands and placed them on my lap. Mr. Parker came in and said "good morning" to the class as usual. Mr. Parker instructed us to draw the vase with flowers in front us. Each table had a vase of flowers so we didn't have to get up and move around the room. He passed paper around the room. I took my pencil out and placed it on the table. When Nick and I received our paper we began to draw. Nick then looked up at me and I continued to draw until I felt his eyes on me. "Why did you hold me back from beating Sophia?" Nick asked me. I looked up at him and said "Because I didn't want you to cause anymore drama." His eyes widened and he looked like he was thinking for an minute. "That was the first time someone could ever hold me back from a fight" he said. I stopped drawing and looked up at him. "Can we talk about this later when we walk outside where it leads to the cafateria?" I asked. He nodded his head and we continued to draw until the bell rang. "Thank you everyone for attending class and have a nice day" Mr. Parker said. Everyone left and we both went outside which is longest way that led to the cafateria. "So what were you trying to say to me back there?" I asked. Nick looked at me funny then snapped his fingers. "Oh yeah, what I was trying to tell you back there was that you were only that has ever been able to keep me back from a fight." "You mean you could never been held back from a fight by anyone?" I asked. "Yeah you were the first that had ever been successful to keep me from fighting" Nick said and smiled a little. "So not even someone that had so much power or was bigger than you could hold you back?" I asked suprised. "Nope." "You know you remind of Hulk when you're angry" I said. Nick threw his head back and asked "You think that I remind you of Hulk?" "Yeah."
************************************

We walked into the cafateria and the whole gang was already there sitting and talking. "Hey Nick and June what took you so long? Did you finally get your smooch on?" Jared asked and laughed. Stephanie threw us a apologetic look and said "Sorry guys he's been like this the whole day." Brady looked in Stephanie's direction and said "It sounds like your boyfriend's been doing drugs." Stephanie opened her mouth and was about to say something but I cut her off. "So hulk was about to throw a punchie at Sophia this morning" I said, pointing at Nick. "What happened?" Sarah asked. "I went in this morning and Sophia started to bully me. She held my arm to keep me from sitting next to Nick and asked me "where I was going." Nick stepped in and told her to let me go. She laughed and began to make fun of Nick. Nick then said to her "let her go or I will fucking beat you to pulp." She refused and Nick pulled her off me. Then he was about to beat her but I held him back." "Now that's the first time I've ever heard Nick protect a girl" Brady said grinning ear to ear. I saw Nick's ears turn red and he looked away. I giggled and everyone smiled at him. Nick tried to change the subject and asked "So are you guys doing anything tonight?" "Stephanie and I aren't" Jared said. "Sarah and I aren't either why do you ask?" Brady asked. "Want to go out and watch a horror movie tonight?" Nick asked and raised an eyebrow. "We're in. Jared are you guys in?" Brady asked. "Were in" Jared said. "Is June coming?" Stephanie asked. "She's part of the group so she can come" Nick said and looked in my direction. "Are you in?" Brady asked me. "Yeah I'm in." "Alright we'll all meet at the theater" Nick said. "Wait who's going to pick June up?" Jared asked. "I will" Nick said. "Well wasn't that a quick response" Brady said and laughed. "Brady shut the hell up!" Nick said loudly. Brady and Nick started to yell at each other and Jared tried to stop them. Sarah looked at me and giggled. "I think Nick likes you." I shook my head; "No we just became close friends." Stephanie laughed and said "you two are too naive." I rolled my eyes. Lunch was over and everyone started heading to their classes. I waved good bye to everyone and headed to my next class.