Chapter 10: Quiet

June's POV

I shut the car door closed,"Bye Mum thanks for dropping me off!" "Bye sweetie have a good day" my Mum said. I walked into school with my caramel ribbon crunch frappuccino from starbucks. I took a sip and closed my eyes savoring the taste. I opened the school door and saw my group of friends standing near the lockers talking. I walked up to them and put my backpack on the ground. "Hey guys." "Hey", they responded back. Stephanie and Sarah smiled big. "So did anything happen with you and Nick last Friday night?" Stephanie asked. I shifted around a bit and looked at Nick. I looked back at them. "Well?" Sarah said and raised an eyebrow. "He took me out to dinner and told me about his childhood" I said. "Did you two have fun?" Stephanie asked. I shook my head and looked down at the ground. "Hey June are you ok?" Sarah asked. "I'm fine" I said in a low voice. Stephanie shook her head and put her hands on her hips. "June you're not fine. What happen last Friday?" " I don't want to talk about it" I said. They gave up trying to make me tell them which I was thankful they did and tried to change the subject. "So what did you guys do on Friday?" I asked Sarah. "We went to a Brady's friends party." "Did you have fun?" "Yeah we did but we didn't stay very long" Sarah said with a small smile.

Nick's POV

I looked over at June and the girls talking. Did she tell Stephanie and Sarah about the fight we had? I already felt guilty for what I've done. I thought about last friday and how angry I got. I wonder how she's doing after the fight we had on friday. Did I  make everything awkward between us? I shook my head trying to bury my worries and feelings I was having. Since when did I care about a girl's feeling? I found them a nuisance. They were too much drama to handle, but June was different. She was a girl that just wanted to have fun. A girl that was shy but really funny and sweet when you really got to know her. No why do I keep thinking about her? She's just a girl and I could get any girl in this school if I wanted to. She's just a nerd that could never fit in. A nerd that's too dorky and weird to be friends with. Why whenever June was bullied and hurt I wanted to protect her?  It just didn't make sense to me;  I stressfully combed my fingers hair through my hair. Jared and Brady stopped talking and looked at me. "Dude are you all right?" "Yeah I just need to be alone right now. "I'll catch you guys later" I said and passed them. I walked into the dark art room. The door was unlocked. I guess the janitor forgot to lock it. I walked to my table and sat down in my seat. I closed my eyes and sighed. Am I going crazy over one girl? What is wrong with me? The door opened and the lights went on. I looked up and saw Mr. Parker opening the door. "Hey Nick, how did you get in here?" He asked me. "The door was unlocked " I mumbled. He put he things on his desk and turned on the light. I shut my eyes quickly. I blinked a few times. He walked over and sat next to me. "Why are you in here all alone?" "I just needed to think" I said. He nodded his head. He got up and walked out of the room. The bell rang and I saw June walk in.