Chapter 6: Fighting with Passion

June's POV
The birds were chirping and I rolled over to my side. I buried my face in the pillow groaning as I noticed sunlight going through my window. Gosh, it's already morning? I still felt tired from the long night I had last night. Suddenly I heard my twitter notification go off. Rubbing my eyes I yawned and stretching my arms in the air. I grabbed my phone and pressed my finger on the home button down to unlock my phone. My twitter account popped up on the screen showing a photo of Nick and I dancing. I clicked on it and on the bottom of the photo it said: Slut flirted with Nick Wonder. Posted by Sophia Richards 8:15am. "I am no such thing!" I growled, tossing my phone to the ground. I closed my eyes again and tried to go back to sleep. My phone's ring tone went off. I picked it up and read a random number, (925) 662-8257, "I'm sorry for last night what can I do to make it up to you?"

Me: Who is this?
Random number: Nick Wonder
Me: How did you get my number?
Nick: I asked Stephanie for your number
Me: Oh...
Me: I should've never gone to that party.
Nick: Don't say that we had a great time at the end
Me: If I didn't go I wouldn't have been on the internet. Plus you ditched me when I was injured.
Nick: You saw the pic?
Me: yeah and and I was INJURED when you left me
Nick: Yeah, I'm sorry about leaving you last night. I just had to clear up the air with my ex
Me: I don't care just leave me alone
Nick: Nope, I'm visiting you
Me: You don't know where I live and I don't want to see you
Nick: I do, I also asked Stephanie where you live so I can come get you and too bad I'm coming either way even if you're in your pjs. See you soon :)

I groaned once again and rolled out my bed. I washed up quickly, threw on my some blue shorts and my Pink Floyd tour shirt. After I was finished, I grabbed my phone and laid back in the bed waiting for Nick to text me back. I checked my phone and soon Nick texted me. "I'm at the door." I gradually walked downstairs and opened the door to see Nick standing there with bag of ice on his shoulder and a bucket in his right hand. "Hey grumpy pants." I eyed him suspiciously and looked at him confused. "Hey... what's with the ice and bucket?" He stood there proudly and flashed me a smile. "Well, it's for your feet since you told me you had blisters on them." I shrugged my shoulders and opened the door wider for Nick. "Quick! Where's the back door?" I pointed to the back door and Nick made a beeline to the door and opened it. I followed behind him and he set up the bucket pouring ice in it. "So this is your bucket of ice, after this if you want we can go get ice cream." I sat down in my patio chair and dunked my feet in the bucket of ice, flinching when the coldness hit my feet. "Wait Nick, I don't want any of that. Look, I just want to be left alone. This was all a bad idea I should've never made that deal with you. I'm getting targeted by everyone now." Nick stood very still processing what I told him but then shook his head.

" No... you can't do that."
"Excuse me?"
"You can't do that. That's only letting Sophia and everyone else win. You're a fighter just like me, I've seen it in your eyes when you stood up to me. You can't give up because we danced and were put on social media. This little incident shouldn't keep you from your goal. No, I don't think so June. In fact let's add an additional deal. I'm gonna teach you how to fight. I've heard enough of this from Stephanie, Sarah, Jared and Brady."

I hugged my shoulders and looked away and spoke softly. "So you know what she did to me." Nick frowned and sighed, bending down to my level. "I do, I heard she slapped you and pushed you to the floor. That's why I'm so determined to teach you. I want to teach you how to protect yourself. No more bullies." I rose an eyebrow in curiosity. "What kind of fighting do you do Nick?' Nick hesitated and bit his lip hard. "Well, I'm a fighter. I street fight for the title. It makes me feel alive." I looked at him incredulously and let out a mocking laugh. "So basically for fun." He shrugged his shoulders and gave me a half-smile. "I guess you can say that, along with other reasons you won't be ready to hear until later. So are you open to learning how to fight with me?" I looked down, fidgeting with my hands and took in a deep breath."I-I guess if you think it'll help me then, why should I say no to such an opportunity?" Nick smiled, satisfied with my answer and helped me up.