Chapter 13: You Don't Want To Know

Hi guys this is Nick's black sports car. Remember Nick comes from a rich family so he can afford this car.

June's POV

I closed the car door. I looked over at Nick and he smiled at me. "Hey June if you want I can start giving you rides to school" he offered and raised his eyebrows. I spun around to face him completely and shrugged at him. "Sure I'm cool with it. Thanks for the ride I'll see you tomorrow."  "Alright see you" he said. I waved good bye and watched him drive off. I opened the door and yelled, "Hey Mum I'm home!"  I set my phone on the kitchen table and my bag on the floor. I heard sounds coming from my Mum's room so I curiously walked into her room wondering what she was doing. I knocked on her door but she didn't answer. I opened the door and heard my mum singing in the bathroom while blow drying her hair.

"Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train
Goin' anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train
Goin' anywhere"

"Mum?" I said. "Oh hey sweetie come in!" She said. She turned around to face me and I let out a tiny scream. "Mum what is that all over your face?"  "What I have on my face is a green tea mask." Ohhh okay that made sense; I looked at her and saw that her face was green, her hair was wild and she was wearing her white robe. She looked like a zombie from those cheesy  1980 zombie movies like, "The Return of the Living Dead."

Ok maybe I was exaggerating a little but still. I put my hand on my chest, taking a deep breath and replied, "Mum you nearly gave me a heart attack, seeing you like that!" She laughed, waving her hand in the air and smiled. "June you've always been such a scaredy cat." I rolled my eyes, "Mum it wasn't funny." "Oh but it was" she insisted. She continued to comb her hair and blow dryed it.

My eyes fell on her red strap dress, black heels and her silver heart locked necklace that Angie and I bought for her on Mother's Day about five years ago. "Mum where are you going?" I asked. She turned around and smiled. "I'm going out with a couple of my girlfriends for dinner." I nodded my head.  "Mum?" "Yes sweetie?"  She answered in her singing voice.
"A friend of mine offered to drive me to school for now on is that ok?" "Is it with your friends, Sarah and Stephanie?" She asked. I shook my head, "No just Nick."

"Ooh! Who's this Nick you speak of? Is he your boyfriend?" My Mum asked and giggled. I became flustered and shook my head quickly. "What? No! He's just a friend Mum." She laughed and smiled. "So tell me about this guy." I blushed and bit my lip.

"Well he's a boy I met in art class and he invited me to his lunch table and introduced me to his friends. He's the person who introduced me to Stephanie, Sarah, Brady, and Jared." She resumed to brushing her hair and  look in the mirror. "Awww sweetie that's great; I'm glad you made some friends. Nick sounds like a nice boy."

"So can he drive me to school?" My Mum thought about it for a while then nodded in approval. "Yes he can drive you to school but on one condition. I want to meet him and your friends soon." Invite my friends over and let my Mum embarrass the heck out of me? No thanks. "Ok but don't embrass me in front of me friends like you did last time before we moved." She rolled her eyes, "I did not embrass you." I scoffed, "Mum you took out the photo album and showed them photos of me as a naked baby. Plus you told them embarrassing stories of me as a child." She grinned real big and laughed a little. "I just love to show off my beautiful daughter to this world" she said and pinched my cheeks. I removed her hands from my cheeks and gave her a serious look. "Mum..."  She put her hands up in a surrender position and laughed. Ok ok fine I get it." "I'm going to go do my homework" I mumbled and rubbed my cheeks trying to get rid of the pain. "Ok dear!" She yelled over the music. I left her room and pulled out four pages of homework. I heard the front door open and I looked up. Angie was standing at the door wearing her stupid white bow in her hair, a red and white cheerleading outfit, and her bag from school. As you could see my sister and I were complete opposites. I'm the nerd and she's the cheerleader. She groaned and stomped into the kitchen. She grabbed  an apple from the bowl and she rested her chin in her hand on the counter. She bent over looking at what work I was doing; a few pieces of her hair tickling my hand. I looked up at her annoyed, "What?" "So I heard that Sophie hates you even more now" she said. "Yeah do I look like I give a fuck?" "No" she said. I went back to my homework. She tapped her fingers on the counter. "I also heard that you're dating Nick Wonder" she said. I stopped and looked up at her. She gave me a smirk. Great now I have to deal with this at home too? "Yes I'm dating him" I said. She took a bite of her apple. She raised her eyebrows. "So the rumors are true." "Yes it's true, now can I finish my homework in peace?" She raised her hands innocently, "Ok but I'm going to warn you. Don't get on Nick's bad side" she said and pushed herself away from the table. "What do you mean?" I asked. She turned to look at me. "You don't want to know" she said and ran upstairs.